DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 hours ago, caley said:

Sometimes I think he's just a bit...obtuse.  That he expects so much of everyone that he tends to forget the little things, like just how little experience Strowman had at that point because he expects perfection every time.

And then I read this story from Jim Korderas' autobiography

If he'd fell he would be in for a nice payday. 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

If he'd fell he would be in for a nice payday. 

I dunno, Korderas thought it was funny.  He kinda seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't sue even if Vince hurt him, as long as his medical bills were covered.  He tells a story about WWE in Japan where they didn't have enough hotel rooms for the refs/ring crew so he had to stay at this tiny little hotel that didn't even have room in the room for his luggage and how Shane McMahon found out and got them rooms with everyone else and Korderas is thankful for Shane for fixing it, and never complains about WWE and the hotel screwing up the bookings in the first place.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, caley said:

I dunno, Korderas thought it was funny.  He kinda seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't sue even if Vince hurt him, as long as his medical bills were covered.  He tells a story about WWE in Japan where they didn't have enough hotel rooms for the refs/ring crew so he had to stay at this tiny little hotel that didn't even have room in the room for his luggage and how Shane McMahon found out and got them rooms with everyone else and Korderas is thankful for Shane for fixing it, and never complains about WWE and the hotel screwing up the bookings in the first place.

He has always sounded like a good guy. Definitely an asset for any employer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Watched Wrestling with Shadows for the first time in forever the other day. Bret's wife reading Hunter the riot act remains one of the more underrated wrestling moments. 

Only person openly calling him on his bullshit. 

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Is there anyone right now who has rekindled their feud that you're actually excited for? Everything has been done to death and back and back again.

AJ and Nakamura?

13 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I just don't think they are going to go forward with a hillbilly monster as the ace.

They rode "shitty white rapper" pretty hard for a decade, so I don't know if "hillbilly monster" is that unlikely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Also my lynchpin in turning around on Braun was the Big Show match on Raw in February. Yeah Show worked his ass off in that, but Braun was right there with him.

Was this the ring-break match we watched the other night?

19 hours ago, Infinit said:

How many NWO members are still active? Are Big Show, Tenzan and Kojima the last 3?

Just to revisit this

Per Wiki (so it may or may not be accurate) - and we are talking original NWO members 

Scott Hall (founding member, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Kevin Nash (founding member, leader of nWo Wolfpac after split)
Hulk Hogan/Hollywood Hogan (leader and founding member, leader of nWo Hollywood after split)
Ted DiBiase (joined in August 1996, left group in mid 1997)
The Giant (joined in September 1996, kicked out of the group in December 1996)
nWo Sting (joined in September 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Syxx (joined in September 1996, fired from WCW in March 1998)
Vincent (joined in September 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Miss Elizabeth (joined in September 1996, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Eric Bischoff (joined in November 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Buff Bagwell (joined in November 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Michael Wallstreet (joined in December 1996, contractually removed from group in April 1997)
Big Bubba Rogers (joined in December 1996, contractually removed from group in April 1997)
Scott Norton (joined in December 1996, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Masahiro Chono (joined in December 1996)
Randy Savage (joined in February 1997, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Dennis Rodman (joined in March 1997, left the group in July 1997)
The Great Muta (joined in May 1997)
Tenzan (joined in May 1997)
Konnan (joined in July 1997, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Curt Hennig (joined in September 1997, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Rick Rude (joined in November 1997, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Louie Spicolli (joined in January 1998 as a valet for Scott Hall, died on February 15, 1998)
Dusty Rhodes (joined in January 1998, sided with nWo Wolfpac after split)
Brian Adams (joined in February 1998, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
The Disciple (joined in February 1998, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Scott Steiner (joined in February 1998, sided with nWo Hollywood after split)
Nick Patrick (referee; joined in 1996, quit the nWo on April 21, 1997)

So first of all - 8 of those members are dead

Of those - Tenzan and Show are the only ones I would consider as working full time

After that I would say Scott Norton, of all people, is the most active. Even more so than Muta who does like one match a month now it seems.

Then there are the handful (Bagwell, Waltman, Steiner, etc...) who do a match from time to time

The list gets really depressing when you expand to all the other NWO incarnations

14 hours ago, Hagan said:

Watched Wrestling with Shadows for the first time in forever the other day. Bret's wife reading Hunter the riot act remains one of the more underrated wrestling moments. 

And Hunter just meekly looking down at his feet.

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

The Fuck Money Destroyer needs to get into the gif battle at some point...

I would recommend a battle among guys doing Canadian destroyers/Code Red who really have no business doing one.  An obvious first round battle for me is Virgil vs Zandig

• Like 3

Re: Active members of the nWo.

If you include nWo Japan, Kojima is still wrestling full-time for New Japan.

Akira wrestled about 30 matches last year.  He's been a regular in Wrestle-1 the past several years.  He left Wrestle-1, though, and Cagematch only lists three or four results for him this year, so maybe he's close to retiring.  He is 51.

How many members of nWo Nova Scotia and nWo Boise are still around?

I was watching a few Hall of Fame speeches on the network last night, and I wish they'd let the marquee induction pick out who went in on his year.

At one point it kinda seemed they were going the route of themed inductions (Hogan's rock and wrestling ceremony, the AWA one) but I think it would be a fantastic gesture to allow the big name going in to curate his own list of inductions

So I stumbled upon a Netflix movie called Russell Madness. It's about a dog who becomes a pro-wrestler with the help of his trainer who is a talking monkey. John Ratzenburger and Fred Willard are in it. John Morrison is also in it.

russell2.jpg

11615_5.jpg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Honest question time. Why does Mike Bennett/Kanellis have a job in the E? He isn't talented and bores the fuck out of everyone. If they wanted Maria, then just hire her.

Fixed.

55 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Honest question time. Why does Mike Bennett/Kanellis have a job in the E? He isn't talented and bores the fuck out of me. If they wanted Maria, then just hire her.

Mike is her luggage. 

• Like 1