DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I think Waltman's tweet was something like "He did a moonsault out of the plane. Of course he was going to survive a helicopter crash"

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

It's good that Shane is already planning spots for his next Wrestlemania match, but I don't think even crashing a helicopter into Braun is going to stop him.

Perhaps not, but this could play into turning Roman attempting to straight-up murder Braun with vehicles as a recurring gimmick. 

F-AYch.gif

2 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Perhaps not, but this could play into turning Roman attempting to straight-up murder Braun with vehicles as a recurring gimmick. 

F-AYch.gif

Psshaw..  Braun would break the ropes behind his back and climb up the rope, take over the helicopter and crash it into Roman.  

Roman would kick out at 2. 

Just because it came up in the thread

From Meltzer

Brock Lesnar is quietly back in the USADA testing pool for UFC, meaning that rumors about him potentially returning to fight have some substance.

Rumors broke today claiming that Lesnar and Paul Heyman were at the UFC offices over International Fight Week and talking about him fighting in Madison Square Garden on November 4th. That date would be impossible because Lesnar had a one-year suspension for two failed drug tests for Hydroxy-Clomiphene which dates back to his final positive test on July 9th.

Lesnar's one-year suspension was frozen in mid-February, meaning that he has five months left, putting a return to UFC competition at mid-December at the earliest.

Lesnar announced his retirement, meaning he was also out of the USADA testing pool.

Much of the story was denied to us, including Heyman being in the offices, however those in UFC did confirm the obvious interest in Lesnar fighting again if he would choose to do so. Putting himself back in the pool means Lesnar, who just turned 40, at least has some interest in fighting again.

Pro Wrestling Sheet confirms this and adds that Brock is doing it because he wants to keep his options open when his WWE contract runs out. (Which shortly after Mania). To run out his suspension, he has to be in the testing pool.

PWS also says that Brock has told the folks backstage that at the moment - he is not planning on re-signing

About that last point - if true - that could be why Vince moved up the timetable from Mania to Summerslam regarding Brock/Reigns

I'm leaning towards Brock being done with wrestling, but only a little bit. Obviously it's a play to get a bigger contract from WWE even though he likely doesn't even deserve it at this point. He doesn't move the dial, although no one does to be fair. Still, he can make Vince feel like he's going to lose Brock unless he gives him a big money deal. All the signs are there to show Vince he's on his way out.

If you're UFC, you could ask why you would even bother signing the guy because he's a bigger walking suspension than Nick Diaz. Is it going to be worth it to pay out the ass for a guy who would get blown out of the water by many in the heavyweight division, pop one big buyrate, and then be pushing for an even bigger suspension? I can't keep track of the changes, but another violation is 2 or 4 years minimum? If that's the case, why do it?

You do it because Bellator could grab him and I'm guess there's a small handful of fighters that UFC actually cares about going to Bellator, and Brock is one of them.

The schedule is so blatantly good for Brock in WWE though. So maybe he does stay with the option of taking a couple fights a year. Pretty much something similar to what he has now. 

The more I think about it, yeah, he's probably going to keep a similar deal to the one he has now, but he has to put this kind of pressure on Vince to get as much or more money than he's making now. 

Let's say Brock is on his way out though. You have to use him to put over SOMEONE that isn't Roman because Roman looks to have hit his ceiling. So aside from Roman, who would you have Brock put over on his way out?

Just now, Craig H said:

Let's say Brock is on his way out though. You have to use him to put over SOMEONE that isn't Roman because Roman looks to have hit his ceiling. So aside from Roman, who would you have Brock put over on his way out?

No question, Braun.  Having Brock's head on his mantle would add to the growing legend and legitimacy of the monster.  Might just catapult him to the main event level too.

• Like 3

Because if Brock goes, that's it for him in wrestling, right? I wouldn't see him returning, but stranger things have happened. 

I also lean towards Braun even if the fanboy in me wants to say Samoa Joe. 

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Balor. He's the only one on the roster not named Roman Reigns that is at a level where beating Brock would help him and has the look of someone I want on TV as a face of my company if I were Vince

• Like 3

i think there's money in a Balor Brock match for the Universal title with Balor winning. I do some people have called Balor a nerd here but idk he has some aura about him the crowds go crazy for him and anytime they bring up Brock vs Balor it gets a big pop. The Champion who had to give up the title due to injury vs the current champ it writes itself and Balor should go over.

Have Balor win some kind of Number One Contenders Match at Summer Slam then at No Mercy the next month Balor buy the skin of his teeth barely beats Brock idk have him put his feet on the ropes as leverage to pin Brock people will buy that it won't make Balor look weak but make him look tactical. So then Balor moves on to Joe or somebody do all that. Then in October at Hell in a Cell why not do Brock vs Reigns as the Main Event in the Cell it should be the only Cell match on the card and let them go at it just have a brawl and go crazy. Roman wins. Then no Brock what so ever until the Royal Rumble match and then Braun and Brock double eliminate each other and you start setting up Braun vs Brock for Mania and then Braun destroys Brock in 5 minutes and then let Braunamania run wild.

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching a WCWSV from January 1997 and it had this incredible Dusty Rhodes-Tony Schiavone exchange (This is in reference to WCW announcers being informed that Roddy Piper was talking in Gaelic while being taken away on a stretcher)

DR: And when he learned he was actually speaking Garlic!
TS: Gaelic.
DR: Gaelic.
TS: (laughing to self) Garlic...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

BRAUN!!!!!!!!