DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Miz v Ambrose is something that has been reignited isn't it? Braun and Reigns has been this thing that is constantly going on week-in week-out (barring that injury) for a while now, that what I mean by long running feud

The last round of Cena/Orton went from Dec 2013 to October 2014 with only one month skipped (May 2014)

Braun/Reigns started March 2017 (Fastlane) so even counting the injury time it hasn't caught Cena/Orton

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victator said:

After Harlem Heat lost the tag team belts at Halloween Havoc, Parker and Sherri broke up. So he signed the Amazing French Canadians to get revenge. They had the big match in November. Then Parker disappeared.

Parker went to the WWF as Tennessee Lee to manage Jarrett when he jumped back.

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Is Roman/Braun the longest running feud we've had in the 'modern' era? And what do you think the logical endpoint is? I'm loving the fact they've essentially become Sting/Vader 2K17

I mean Miz/Daniel Bryan have had a feud since Daniel Bryan was signed to WWE that still continues to this day and will never have a payoff.

I am posting this here because it is fucking Anticristo but Roy Lucier just uploaded what might be the best looking version of this

• Like 4

I'm watching this since I've never actually got around to seeing the whole thing. Who the hell was Onita Jr.? Also, what did that cameraman do to piss off Anticristo? You would think you would give some distance to the son of Satan walking the earth in lucha form.

Boy that was not very good. Surprisingly, Hayabusa did not shorten someone's career with a Falcon Arrow onto the rock-hard Mexican mat. 

God Dana's dumb sometimes. Brock fought roided up on the same show Jon Jones got pulled on for having dick pills in his system and Dana begs him to come back, meanwhile Frank Shamrock is getting the Randy Savage treatment.

It is based on a single tweet from someone who has been comically wrong before.

BROCK AND PAUL WERE AT HQ!

HIS RETURN IS CONFIRMED!!!!

This is the thing more likely to happen

Well first, this wouldn't be totally Dana's call.

I brought it up in another thread, but it's plausible for WME/UFC and WWE to work out some sort of a trade, like WWE can use Ronda in a match in exchange for letting Brock fight another fight in the UFC. The problem is, Brock is retired. His suspension also just lifted this month. So if Brock were to return, he has to be in the drug testing pool for 6 months since he's currently retired. WME/UFC can waive that requirement, but they would be doing so for someone who JUST came off of a suspension, which sends an extremely poor message to the rest of their fighters.

So if they waive the suspension, do they have Ronda work a Survivor Series match in exchange for Brock fighting on the MSG show in November? That's 4 months away. They could say that 4 months is enough to test him.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Friend of mine in New York says local news was showing a helicopter that had an unplanned water landing and that one of the people rescued was Shane McMahon. Per my friend, the news person didn't seem to know who he was. Both people in the helicopter (presumably Shane and the pilot) were unharmed.

One last thought on the whole talking smack thing. The idea of a post-show after a 2-hour broadcast is dumb. The idea of a post-show the starts an hour after the end of the show is even dumber.  Sometimes I would watch it if i missed Smackdown cause it was a quality recap of what was important. Sometimes I would watch if I heard something entertaining happened. But if neither of those things occur why am I watching a recap show a day or two later. Makes no sense.

However, there is something to the hosts and the format which is why there was all of this outcry when it was canceled. if I had my way they should bring back primetime wrestling w/ bryan and renee and put it on thursday nights. tape it at the smackdown taping and have a mix of  smackdown .raw talent with some recap.matches built in.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JohnnyJ said:

One last thought on the whole talking smack thing. The idea of a post-show after a 2-hour broadcast is dumb. The idea of a post-show the starts an hour after the end of the show is even dumber.  Sometimes I would watch it if i missed Smackdown cause it was a quality recap of what was important. Sometimes I would watch if I heard something entertaining happened. But if neither of those things occur why am I watching a recap show a day or two later. Makes no sense.

However, there is something to the hosts and the format which is why there was all of this outcry when it was canceled. if I had my way they should bring back primetime wrestling w/ bryan and renee and put it on thursday nights. tape it at the smackdown taping and have a mix of  smackdown .raw talent with some recap.matches built in.  

I'm not one for fantasy booking, but that is an excellent, excellent idea.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

I made the Prime Time suggestion before. How expensive would that even be? They already film some house show shit, so take stuff from the house shows, take a Main Event match, take a 205 Live match, recap some of Raw and SD, and mix in Bryan and Renee shooting the shit with wrestlers who come on the show. They could still film their parts at SDL. You may as well make use of what you have and certainly that would have to cost less than paying for more animated things.

• Like 4

Was kind of interesting to watch that play out in the news in real time. A helicopter carrying a pilot and one passenger makes an emergency water landing outside of New York. The passenger is a niche celebrity. The local news is on the story first, and witnesses the two being rescued and brought to shore. Both are reportedly unharmed. Local news interviews the pilot and the passenger, seemingly unaware of Shane's celebrity status. The first people to notice this are, of course, fans of that niche who happen to be watching, such as my friend. Those people take to social media (my friend told me in a Facebook chat) and tell their friends/followers. The first news sites to pick it up are wrestling sites, (first place I saw it was PWI), probably because they're most likely to have friends who are wrestling fans.

From there, sports sites that have wrestling coverage like Cageside Seats, Bleacher Report and Sports Illustrated pick it up. At that point, the coverage is wide enough that the local news sites start seeing their own story reflected. WABC-TV's headline an hour ago was "Helicopter makes crash landing in waters off Gilgo Beach". As of about a half hour ago, it had been changed to "Helicopter carrying Shane McMahon makes crash landing in waters off Gilgo Beach"