DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Most weeks he is just doing his spiel. He was good on doing guest commentary. I don't want to just say "He's an Armstrong." But he is an Armstrong and they all possess the DNA of Bullet Bob. Road Dogg came closer to Bob's skill on the mic than any of his sons. 

Upon further thought, I remember a good promo on the Acolytes building up to the Royal Rumble. 

I think it was also his lack of build. Which did not matter as much in that era, but it would be an issue. Foley was an anomaly in overcoming that. 

Put me firmly in the "Road Dogg is underrated" camp, and I agree 110% on the Hardcore title reigns. It's hard to say he had the best segment every week, but those brawls were just a ton of fun, especially where you'd get wacky shit like piledrivers outside in the snow or throwing someone in a river.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Put me firmly in the "Road Dogg is underrated" camp, and I agree 110% on the Hardcore title reigns. It's hard to say he had the best segment every week, but those brawls were just a ton of fun, especially where you'd get wacky shit like piledrivers outside in the snow or throwing someone in a river.

That Al Snow match is sooooo much fun to watch.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2017 at 8:11 PM, Victator said:

Matt said it, I am the HIVE.

Rosemary in Impact starting calling her fans The Hive, after Decay went away. Then she starting writing HIVE on her shoulder while she was doing her facepaint. Once a bit of it rubbed off during a match, and I was wondering why she had HIV written on her.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Rosemary in Impact starting calling her fans The Hive, after Decay went away. Then she starting writing HIVE on her shoulder while she was doing her facepaint. Once a bit of it rubbed off during a match, and I was wondering why she had HIV written on her.

Perhaps a warning. Be careful fellas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AxB said:

AIDS awareness

Manic Street Preachers, 1991. Nicky got someone else to write his, whilst Richey did an Al Snow and forgot writing's backwards in mirrors:

2014ProudGallery_KevinC_Press_7_141014.j

And also used a knife instead of a lipstick. Which wasn't a surprise, as this was right after the 4 REAL thing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

In his defense, we are talking about Japan.

Geez I was clearly not serious. Do people think they use human models to create body pillows. 

I hate explaining jokes since it means I failed to deliver it correctly. But it was both a joke at her resembling an anime character and the absurdity of being a body pillow model.  

• Like 1