DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

16 hours ago, Victator said:

Enzo is short, ugly, can't work and his promo work is in question. He can do his catch phrases, but the second he has to break away from that he is lost. His work is dangerously bad, a danger to himself and others. A white Ahmed Johnson, minus the muscles and size. 

The most amazing thing the Revival did was get a good match out of him and Cass. 

Tell us how you really feel... 

Such an over bloated statement of bullshit has not been uttered on this board in a longtime and that's saying something. I'd pick it apart for the hive minded bullshit it is but I would no doubt have a migraine before I was even done. 

Well done sir. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Such an over bloated statement of bullshit has not been uttered on this board in a longtime and that's saying something. I'd pick it apart for the hive minded bullshit it is but I would no doubt have a migraine before I was even done. 

Well done sir. 

Victor is the queen bee of his own hive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Well done sir. 

Matt said it, I am the HIVE.

Though thank you for admitting you are too big a punk to dispute what I said. 

Damn so the real story is Vince canceled Talking Smack because he didn't get it?   Holy fucking shit.  We like to joke about how out of touch he is but it's just the sad truth of the matter.   Vince is terrible and has needed to hand over the company for a long time.  

• Like 4

Maybe Cass is attacking the Fashion Police too? They could make attacking tag teams his gimmick - maybe explain that his split with Enzo caused a psychotic break and now he can't stand to see tag teams that get along.

And it just occurred to me that the WWE constantly breaking up tag teams to try to create a singles breakout star is like Sam Jackson causing all those catastrophes in Unbreakable trying to find his counterpart.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Maybe Cass is attacking the Fashion Police too? They could make attacking tag teams his gimmick - maybe explain that his split with Enzo caused a psychotic break and now he can't stand to see tag teams that get along.

Dangerously close to Ted Bundy gimmick infringement 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OSJ said:

Enzo's mic work, I've said before that once you break it down, there's really no there, there. He's not a good promo, what he does do well is scream catchphrases and get the crowd involved. No he's never going to be on the Bockwinkel/Cornette/Arn level of promos, but what he does do is just fine. Less is more and Enzo can get more of a pop from two minutes of gibberish and starting chants than most guys can get from twenty-minute segments. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that what Enzo does is far more valuable than any twenty minute soliloquy because it doesn't break the flow of the show.

So he's Konnan? Except he's never said anything as cool as"You can stop a revolutionary, you cannot stop a revolution", and Konnan says that every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Damn so the real story is Vince canceled Talking Smack because he didn't get it?   Holy fucking shit.  We like to joke about how out of touch he is but it's just the sad truth of the matter.   Vince is terrible and has needed to hand over the company for a long time.  

Only way Vince relinquished control is if like he dies ave his mom is like 96 so he has somewhat good genetics or of like the board of directors vote him out as chairman which everyone in those executive positions seem scarred shitless of Vince so I doubt that happens. If Vince has a stroke or something and can't physically do the job maybe and it's a big maybe gives up his seat and even then I could see Trips or Steph or whoever takes over as Chair be titled interim in the position just in the off chance Vince would recover well enough to take the position back.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Only way Vince relinquished control is if like he dies ave his mom is like 96 so he has somewhat good genetics or of like the board of directors vote him out as chairman which everyone in those executive positions seem scarred shitless of Vince so I doubt that happens. If Vince has a stroke or something and can't physically do the job maybe and it's a big maybe gives up his seat and even then I could see Trips or Steph or whoever takes over as Chair be titled interim in the position just in the off chance Vince would recover well enough to take the position back.

If Vince has a stroke, he'll be in a chair giving instructions via a series of beeps. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Victator said:

If Vince has a stroke, he'll be in a chair giving instructions via a series of beeps. 

Could you imagine the poor nurse that has to deal with control freak Vince that is completely dependent.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Wait, we're talking about Vince having a stroke and no one has made a "ring the damn bell" joke?

Image result for hector salamanca bell

If someone just had the courage to replace the cocaine in Vince's i.v. with garden variety placebo pixie stick dust, he would probably age and turn to dust like the guy at the end of The Last Crusade.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know about this he is apparently dating Liv Morgan she probably thinks he's hot as do many other screaming women in the crowds. 

If you watch Serpico and think Pacino is either cute as fuck or "a tiny seething cauldron of sexual intensity" then you will think the same thing about Enzo because that's what he looks like.

And I think those are common sentiments about Serpico, if my wife is to be believed and isn't just fucking with me.

• Like 1

I know there's a G1 thread in the Japan folder, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to let those that don't frequent that section know that the G1 Climax starts in a few hours and the first show is free on NJPWworld.com and has English commentary. You've got Ishii vs. Goto, Ibushi vs. Naito, and Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi with a legitimately torn up arm all in front of the Korakuen crowd. Gonna b gud.

Now back to our regularly scheduled posting:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

If Vince dies he will leave booking instructions via scavenger hunt. 

Stephanie is in tears digging for the final clue. Her and Hunter lift a treasure chest out of the ground. Open it and unroll a dusty scroll. 

Hunter: Well what does it say.

Stephanie: Roman Wins.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I know there's a G1 thread in the Japan folder, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to let those that don't frequent that section know that the G1 Climax starts in a few hours and the first show is free on NJPWworld.com and has English commentary. You've got Ishii vs. Goto, Ibushi vs. Naito, and Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi with a legitimately torn up arm all in front of the Korakuen crowd. Gonna b gud.

Now back to our regularly scheduled posting:

Also, in Canada the Fight Network ran the US G1 Special last Saturday morning but isn't currently scheduled to repeat it (I DVRed the last hour, not realizing it was on!).  But, knowing the Fight Network, they should end up repeating it at some point.

17 hours ago, Victator said:

Matt said it, I am the HIVE.

Though thank you for admitting you are too big a punk to dispute what I said. 

I'll stay off your lawn don't worry gramps.