DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

With Enzo,  him trying to live the celebrity life and likely talking about it all the time is annoying when you consider that outside of his promo work, he's not that good of a wrestler.  Which is paying his bills right now.  I don't take issue with anyone expanding their careers, but maybe master your first profession before said expansion.  It doesn't seem like he's doing that much in the way of lining up acting roles, anyway.  He tends to club hop and attend parties with whatever musician is in LA that week.  He seems like a decent guy, just needs to focus more at the real task at hand.

If Cass is a Trump supporter, I don't see that being the reason he would be disliked.  But he's going around talking politics constantly when others have indicated they're not interested, then that's a problem and gets old fast.

11 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If Cass is a Trump supporter, I don't see that being the reason he would be disliked.  But he's going around talking politics constantly when others have indicated they're not interested, then that's a problem and gets old fast.

Maybe that's part of why Kennedy got fired. He's very right wing. 

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

He reportedly was fired for running afoul of both Cena and Orton - I highly doubt having right wing opinions alone will get anyone into that much trouble in WWE of all places.

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

"and this here, this is Big Covfefe. And he's big. like really big. The biggliest..."

This might be my favourite post in DVDVR history.  I keep thinking about it and laughing.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Huh?  Kennedy was fired for dropping Randy Orton on his injured shoulder.  Kennedy had literally JUST come back from injury and then he was fired four days later after Orton complained.

All this talk over getting fired for being a Republican, where exactly are you guys working where that would be a normal and accepted thing?

"Ken, I just saw your voter registration card...I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go..."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

With Enzo,  him trying to live the celebrity life and likely talking about it all the time is annoying when you consider that outside of his promo work, he's not that good of a wrestler.  Which is paying his bills right now.  I don't take issue with anyone expanding their careers, but maybe master your first profession before said expansion.  It doesn't seem like he's doing that much in the way of lining up acting roles, anyway.  He tends to club hop and attend parties with whatever musician is in LA that week.  He seems like a decent guy, just needs to focus more at the real task at hand.

Enzo has charisma of a sort, so he should go do literally anything that isn't catching CTEs for shit pay and trash booking. I'm sure he has enough connections to get something going in L.A. Anyone with anything resembling a lifeline out of the company should probably focus on taking that instead of on wrestling good six-minute matches on Superstars every week. 

I'm also sure that the black folks in the locker room think that supporting Trump is enough of a reason to dislike someone, but I'll refrain from going further down that road. 

• Like 1

It wasn't fake so much as inaccurate. Stardom's twitter guy more or less confirmed she was asked. It sounds like it was more a worry over her hip than anything else. I wouldn't be shocked if she develops a secondary finish when she actually starts appearing in NXT.

5 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

All this talk over getting fired for being a Republican, where exactly are you guys working where that would be a normal and accepted thing?

I'm not saying it IS a WWE thing, but if there were places where it was a thing, I could totally see it being a WWE thing. 

1 hour ago, alstein said:

Flair was once considered for NC Governor's race years back.  (I think 2000 or 2004)

He was president once. 

(Note: At first I clicked it because of El Dandy. Then as it went on I realized two things: Parker looks like Lesnar's smaller, shittier, underachieving brother. Second, Flair's line at the end is cringey. So it stays.)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Huh?  Kennedy was fired for dropping Randy Orton on his injured shoulder.  Kennedy had literally JUST come back from injury and then he was fired four days later after Orton complained.

"Ken, I just saw your voter registration card...I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go..."

Apparently he had a hard time getting guys to share rides with him, because he refuses to travel in any vehicle where the radio isn't tuned to Fox News Radio at all times.

They seem to be in a weird model with the Network that things have a shelf life and then go away. The did the same thing to similarly well-regarded shows with JBL and Renee. Hell, they randomly killed JBL and Renee's fantastic Youtube show.

It has to be a not wanting anything unscripted, I guess.