DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Alberto Del Rio & Paige: Audio From Airport Incident 'Leave Me The F**k Alone'

TMZ Sports has obtained an audio recording of the alleged domestic dispute involving Alberto Del Rio and Paige -- in which an emotional Paige screams out, "Stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone."

The person who recorded the audio -- a huge wrestling fan -- says she recognized the couple while they were arguing Sunday in the middle of Orlando International Airport in Florida.

The witness says she recorded the incident as evidence.

You can hear Alberto and Paige yelling -- clearly upset -- with Alberto saying, "Call the cops. Let's do it. Get the cops."

It sounds like he's talking to Paige ... who yells back, "Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone. I’m trying to get away from you."

Moments later, Alberto says, "I'm pressing charges against you."

Tommy Dreamer will be doing a meet and greet for the first fifty ticket holders attending the July 20th game when the home town Bowie Baysox plays Altoona.

I'm not going because I am not sure what is more depressing:  facing the fact that Tommy is an old man or facing the fact that I am an old man.

• Like 2

I think Rippa might want to consider making that AEP Dumpster Fire Thread after all, seems like it'll be needed at this point.

And and fuck Alberto El Perro (Eddie was onto something in an earlier post)

• Like 1

The talk of doing a 3 way or even a 4 way match at Summerslam for the Universal title got me thinking. Someone mentioned that in order to win the title you need to pin Brock. So has something like this ever been attempted...

Basically, to win the title in a 3 way or 4 way match, you need to pin or submit the champ, but the champ can pin or submit anyone to win. The added wrinkle is that if one of the challengers pins or submits another challenger, then the challenger pinned or submitted has to take a 1, 2, or 3 minute timeout before they can get back into the match.

Maybe that sounds contrived? It also seems like a good way to add drama to the match where the champion or surviving challenger knows that he now has a window to win without any sort of interference from the guy taking a timeout, or the challenger taking a timeout has to hope the match doesn't end while they're waiting for time to expire.

• Like 2

I'm watching Vice and i see they did a story on the Progressive Liberal wrestler, and found the tv show they produce on YouTube. Good lord this guy is bad. And judging from the crowd it doesn't look like their attempt and getting fans in is working. It didn't seem to draw that much people. Or maybe the are just isn't good for wrestling, i don't know. But yeah he's terrible. 

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The talk of doing a 3 way or even a 4 way match at Summerslam for the Universal title got me thinking. Someone mentioned that in order to win the title you need to pin Brock. So has something like this ever been attempted...

Basically, to win the title in a 3 way or 4 way match, you need to pin or submit the champ, but the champ can pin or submit anyone to win. The added wrinkle is that if one of the challengers pins or submits another challenger, then the challenger pinned or submitted has to take a 1, 2, or 3 minute timeout before they can get back into the match.

Maybe that sounds contrived? It also seems like a good way to add drama to the match where the champion or surviving challenger knows that he now has a window to win without any sort of interference from the guy taking a timeout, or the challenger taking a timeout has to hope the match doesn't end while they're waiting for time to expire.

I feel like there was a TNA match that may have been along those lines, at least the "if you get pinned, you go to the penalty box" aspect.

The original incarnation of the King of the Mountain match had a penalty box.  You had to score a fall to become eligible to hang the belt, and if you got pinned you had to spend time in the box.

Havent watched enough TNA lately to know if that's still part of it.  Hope not.

As someone who was reviewing... most of the KOTM matches... the penalty box part is always a part of it.

The penalty box can work - like with everything - it is planned out well.

98% of the time it comes off as far too contrived

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Observer year-end awards when 'New Japan shrugging at shoot head butts' and 'TNA pushes unstable domestic abuser' loses Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic to 'Heel manager grabs briefcase.'

• Like 14

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Perro of Mexico would work. I'm shocked there was no perro's dropped during the argument with Paige.

I'm sure he did his wink/smirk a couple times and talked about little chihuahuas or marks. 

Also he's got a pretty big nose himself to be calling HHH out on it- 

alberto-del-rio-28352200-620x400.jpg

Maybe not the beak kind like Hunter but for my money you could hide coke in that thing. 

2 hours ago, John Austin said:

I'm watching Vice and i see they did a story on the Progressive Liberal wrestler, and found the tv show they produce on YouTube. Good lord this guy is bad. And judging from the crowd it doesn't look like their attempt and getting fans in is working. It didn't seem to draw that much people. Or maybe the are just isn't good for wrestling, i don't know. But yeah he's terrible. 

It's a shame CJ Parker didn't think of it first.

So Braun is covered in blood after the ambulance deal.  But when a wrestler bleeds in the ring they freak out and stop the match to clean it up. I don't understand the logic there.  It can't be that they want to keep blood out of the promotion. Is it more a health concern? 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Braun is covered in blood after the ambulance deal.  But when a wrestler bleeds in the ring they freak out and stop the match to clean it up. I don't understand the logic there.  It can't be that they want to keep blood out of the promotion. Is it more a health concern? 

I heard it was fake blood, as opposed to the guys who busted open hard way on the show, like Matt hardy.

Just now, odessasteps said:

I heard it was fake blood, as opposed to the guys who busted open hard way on the show, like Matt hardy.

I'm sure it was fake blood but the thought all along from the sheets and everything has been that they don't want blood on the programs because it's PG.  So fake blood, real blood, what's the difference?  The kids at home can't tell the difference. 

I think it's more they don't want guys blading and then bleeding or even hard way, for PR purposes.

I think they have lessened on "dramatic use of blood as a storytelling devices. Was it Roman who coughed up fake blood last year? 

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think it's more they don't want guys blading and then bleeding or even hard way, for PR purposes.

I think they have lessened on "dramatic use of blood as a storytelling devices. Was it Roman who coughed up fake blood last year? 

Yeah possibly,  if they are fine with using fake blood then I'd like to see them make use of it in their blood feuds,  cage matches etc. 

I'm not asking guys to blade