DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because he clearly wasn't getting enough attention - Alberto Del Rio made a rambling Instagram post telling Triple H, the Usos and New Day to come to his restaurant in San Antonio this week so he could kick their asses (SDL is from San Antonio on Tuesday)

He spent most of it calling them pussies and saying they have no balls.

Remember that time ADR made the comment about all the "marks" talking about him all the time? Sure Alberto, we're the marks. You keep telling yourself that, sport.

And RE: MSG. I know WWE would never present their product in such a way, but for a house show like this I think a fixed hard cam streaming the show with no announcers would be perfectly acceptable to most of the network subscribers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because he clearly wasn't getting enough attention - Alberto Del Rio made a rambling Instagram post telling Triple H, the Usos and New Day to come to his restaurant in San Antonio this week so he could kick their asses (SDL is from San Antonio on Tuesday)

Why would he call out the New Da... Oooohhh, nevermind.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

And another thing yes it costs a ton of money to put on a live show in MSG but with the history the company has in that building and what MSG means to combat sports and wrestling in particular I think every WWE MSG show should be a Network Special I mean they only go two or three times a year. The annual December 26th show should be on the network even if it's live to tape. 

Every MSG show should be on MSG Network just like the Rangers and Knicks are. Every fourth Monday with Pedro, Bruno or Backlund. Wrestlers in front of fans for the belt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

And another thing yes it costs a ton of money to put on a live show in MSG but with the history the company has in that building and what MSG means to combat sports and wrestling in particular I think every WWE MSG show should be a Network Special I mean they only go two or three times a year. The annual December 26th show should be on the network even if it's live to tape. 

JR mentioned on his podcast that even with a sold out building, they still lost money running television at MSG. Rent at MSG has gone up since JR was anywhere near a decision making position in WWE, so I would have to imagine that there is no way they could turn a profit there now.

18 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Can I just add that it's so refreshing to see a match without all the bling and LED? 

The lack of commentary was nice, too.  Just the crowd popping at the right moments, then exploding at the title change.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Do  they always record house shows? Clearly there is a cameraman at ringside and if there was one hard cam too they may plan on releasing this match (or at least showing highlights from it on SD).

They always have cameras around, just in case. At least that's what Balor said in a Hot97 interview I watched this morning about the MSG show.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And now everywhere I look on Twitter, people are sharing an image of his post which basically tells anyone visiting San Antonio for SDL the exact address of his restaurant and that ADR will be there in person from 10 o'clock. Del Rio is a genius.

Given Alberto's history of showing up somewhere he says he is going to be - I would slow my roll on the whole genius talk.

• Like 5

Another live event which should be a Network special is the July 29th show in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena the final wrestling show to take place at the Joe Louis Arena before they demolish it because we don't value history and tradition in this country but only care about being newer and more cutting edge then the next person. But back to the lecture at hand, the Detroit show is slated to have Mahak vs Lesnar for the WWE Championship and Owens vs AJ vs Zane for the US Championship. I'd say put the fucker on the Network and call the show Farewell to the Joe Louis Arena or something.

• Like 2

the Joe Louis Arena show has Corbin vs Lesnar for the Universal title and Mahal vs Orton for the Heavyweight title. John Cena is there, too.

It's actually called "Farewell to The Joe".

55 minutes ago, Casey said:

Da Meltz is claiming now that Aries was fired because the writers absolutely hated him because of his attitude backstage.

Meltzer's story on his departure from ROH several years ago reads basically the same, so it's not too far-fetched.

Anythkng new on Owens?  Seems weird to be the belt at a house show and seemingly be taken off PPV, so I'm kinda thinking he is injured or in the doghouse somehow.  He blacked out the pics in his Twitter profile.

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

the Joe Louis Arena show has Corbin vs Lesnar for the Universal title and Mahal vs Orton for the Heavyweight title. John Cena is there, too.

It's actually called "Farewell to The Joe".

Still it should be on the Network. More Live Events on the Network as specials.

• Like 2