DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

They ran one house show on the Network and I guess it wasn't worth doing it again

They have technically done more than one - the MSG show was the only one they didn't bother to rebrand.

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Maybe with Dixie gone, he'll go back to TNA/Impact/GFW/whatever it's called this week

I thought I remembered this. This is JJ surprising everyone (courtesy of Dixie) on Impact. Go the :50 second mark. Judging from the look I would say that AA doesn't hold warm feelings for one Jeff Jarrett. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely more fond of Hogan's heel run now than I was during the time. During the time it was awful booking and terrible matches, but now I can really enjoy the sheer insanity of former immortal superhero Hulk Hogan becoming a cowardly,  megalomaniacal  heel. Hollywood Hulk really one of the great heel acts ever.  

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For those wondering what Brysynner is talking about

I wonder if this is somehow going to tie into the WWE being able to use the Broken gimmick for the Hardys

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the gimmick and win in court. There is no way Dixie Carter thought to copyright anything. I find it unlikely the Hardys even agreed to terms like that. 

I know there's a lot else going on right now, but how good was that Awesome Kong WTF episode with Marc Maron? The Chavo stuff was ehhh, but she's such a great interview and shed some great light onto both her complicated feelings about being called "Kong" and her whole foray into WWE. I really couldn't be happier for someone to find some success outside of the ring. 

• Like 4

Whoever is writing 205 Live should be shot. How do you waste Drew Gulak, Jack Gallagher, and Austin Aries (and probably soon to be Tozawa) in less than a year? I don't blame Aries for leaving one bit if that garbage show was all they had for him.

• Like 2

The Aries thing seems like he's completely shot himself in the foot. He volunteered to be on 205 Live as an interviewer/commentator after being injured by Nak for Christ sake! That kept him in the public eye and arguably exposed him to more fans allowing him to go into a feud with the premier cruiserweights. If you're not happy in that position then I don't know if you'll ever be happy 

Random Comments from Meltzer from the radio show

- AJ winning was a "late decision". Dave says he is sure there is a story that he hasn't heard yet (but figures he will know today). He seemed to imply that KO might have an injury worse than first thought as the title match was only added on Friday and the two were pulled from the SDL Texas loop to do the match. It is possible that it was just a booking decision (ie: just to do something special on a house show) but Dave doesn't think that is the case.

- Dave confirmed that Aries asked for his released. Dave says he knows Aries was unhappy with how he was being used and that he was being pigeon-holded on 205Live. Dave doesn't know if he asked to put on "main roster" (aka be like Balor or Sami as a regular "heavyweight") and then quit when they said no. (He says that could have been exactly what happened but he hasn't confirmed that). Aries was unhappy that he didn't win the cruiserweight title and that he wasn't even in the title picture. Since he was under contract - Dave think in theory - that he won't be able to work ROH, New Japan or TNA until a certain time has passed but the rest of the indies will be fine. Dave does bring up that Aries has almost quit wrestling several times and confirms the story that Aries was one of the 25 finalists for the last Tough Enough and when he didn't make it, almost quit wrestling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dave does bring up that Aries has almost quit wrestling several times and confirms the story that Aries was one of the 25 finalists for the last Tough Enough and when he didn't make it, almost quit wrestling.

That would have been such a weird male grouping. 5 true rookies, Patrick Clark with less than a year of wrestling experience, and a 37 year old former ROH and TNA champion.