DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Forbidden Planet was on today, continuing the run of movies featured in Science Fiction Double Feature.

With 2001: A Space Odyssey. Fun double bill with two of my fave sci-fi flicks. 

Monday: some George Sanders Falcon serials

Tuesday: Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde (32)

Wed: more Jimmy Stewart, including The Monte Stratton Story 

Thurs: chimes at midnight, the dirty dozen

Mon and Tues also have a bunch of stuff related to the blacklist. 

• Like 1

Weekend notables

Friday: Jules et Jim, Lolita (Kubrick), cinema Paradiso,  the four feathers (39)

Saturday: war movies, as you would expect on Remermbrance Day. Green Berets, where eagles dare, best years of our lives, no time  gor sergeants, Sgt York. And overnight, Red Sonja and Tarzan (81) ?

Sunday: guys and dolls, national velvet, Casablanca, bullitt,  some pat Boone movies, 2 Ingmar Bergman movies 

18 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Miles O'Keefe will always be the wussy Fabio Dracula from Waxwork to me.

He also played the worst version of Sir Gawain opposite Sean Connery who was the best Green Knight ever.

• Like 1

Next few days:

Monday: age of innocence, an affair to remember, it should happen to you, here comes Mr Jordan

Tuesday: it happened tomorrow - a newspaper editor writes headlines that predict the future. Dick Powell, Linda Darnell, dir. By Rene Clair

The bad and the beautiful, murder my sweet, Paul mini Scarface, streetcar

Wed: Kane, gun crazy, rope, vertigo, anatomy of a murder, spirit of st Louis (Jimmy Stewart as Charles Lindbergh)

The last Ebertfest that Roger made it to they ran Kane with his commentary track.  My wife had never seen Kane at all, so she was happy to join me at the theater.  In the weeks leading up to it, I tried like hell to get her to watch the movie so she could follow along, but she was under the assumption that it was just the movie, not the commentary version, so she didn't want to be spoiled.

She refuses to watch it again to this day.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Based on people's recommendations from the Greatest Movie Poll - I just set my DVR for Passion of Joan of Arc that is on later this week

Saturday 4:45 AM

I have also set my DVR to catch that.

Audrey Rose comes on tomorrow morning @ 2:15AM.

Westworld comes on Saturday evening @ 6:15PM and Rear Window comes in right after it @ 8PM.

The Blaxploitation classic, Black Mama, White Mama (PAM GRIER~!), will be on @ 2AM on Sunday.

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Blaxploitation classic, Black Mama, White Mama (PAM GRIER~!), will be on @ 2AM on Sunday.

Aw man, probably gonna miss that and never seen it. At least I get to go to a barcade that night and play endless rounds of Aliens. 

For those interested, a DVD of Westworld is available at (redacted supermarket) if you want to pick it up on the cheap. 

Also this weekend:

Friday: being There, mean streets, McCabe and Mrs Miller.

Saturday: Adams rib, PT 109

Sunday: the razors edge (46, not the bill murray one), night and the city (wrestling alert), sounder (look away JT) and 2 Robbie the Robot movies, including Forbidden Planet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, my boo and I saw that Sounder was on and we both refused to watch it since both of our football teams won this week and we wanted to end things on a high note.

This thread reminded me that I need to DVR Rififi tonight since it comes on at two in the damn morning.