DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

Monday: arsenic and old lace, bringing up baby, salt of the earth, cry the beloved country, Rififi 

Tuesday: bridge on the river Kwai,  odds against tomorrow,  

Wed: lots of Jimmy Stewart, including Harvey, bell book & candle, rear window and the man who knew too much .

Thurs: I remember mama, places in the heart, cheaper by the dozen, life with father, courtship of eddies father (Ron Howard alert) 

Rififi is DOPE. Michael Mann's career probably wouldn't exist without this movie. 

EDIT: I only came in right as the robbery was occurring and I would still probably pay top dollar for a copy of it. You can probably even drop the rest of the movie, just give me the robbery alone and I'd pay out the ass. 

• Like 1

Monday: exodus, Cincinnati kid

Tuesday: never wave at a WAC,  the Front, Mademoiselle 

Wed: lots of jimmy stewart westerns -firecreek (Jimmy Stewart and Henry fonda), liberty valence, Winchester 73, naked spur, two rose together.  3 Anthony Mann, 2 John Ford. 

Friday: bunch of Cary Grant. 

Saturday: a night at the opera, bell, book and candle, kind hearts and coronets,  bride of Frankenstein,  Mad Love (Peter Lorre and Colin Clive), 

Sunday: the life of Emile Zola, shop around the corner, the mark of zorro (40), carmen jones, amaracord

Monday: I am a fugitive from a chain gang, cool hand Luke, the hill. And boxing movies: require for a heavyweight, somebody up there... golden boy (39), the harder they fall

Tuesday: M (31), testament of Dr mabuse,  fury, clash by night

Wednesday: marco.polo (starringbgary cooper), dirty dozen, Marty, a doc on Alan Ladd he, the right stuff, chariots of fire

Oops. Forgot to do thursday. Lots of desert movies, including Elvis in Harum Scarum.

Friday: Casablanca, Berlin express, days of glory, Alistair Sim Xmas Carol, Scrooge (35), lady in the lake, lady on a train, larceny Inc

Sat: Maltese falcon, 3 Godfathers, the ox bow inevident, woman of the Year, jezebel, secret life of Walter Mitty 

Sun: a star is born (37), today affair, meet me in st Louis, Harvey, close encounters, it came from outer space, 

I am totally watching It, The Terror From Beyond Space when it comes on.

Bell, Book & Candle came on over the weekend.  Someone at TCM remembered that it takes place over the Christmas holiday, so it will take its proper place amongst unlikely Yuletide favorites like Die Hard and Gremlins.

Tomorrow would be a good day to call in sick and get up early with Ben-Hur coming on @ 6AM EST followed by Doctor Zhivago @ ten.

TCM Underground this Saturday has a Two Legs Good, Four Legs Bad double feature with The Twilight People (2AM EST) and the Island of Lost Souls (3:45AM).

Island of Lost Souls is better known to the layman as the movie based on HG Wells's classic, The Island of Dr. Moreau.

The Twilight People is somewhat infamous in Blaxploitation circles since it is one of the earliest movie appearance of Pam Grier.in the role of Ayesha, The Panther Woman.

Monday: the defiant ones, seven days in May, out of the past, gunfight at ok corral, the last outlaw, Dr Doolittle, my fair lady, Anna and the king

Tuesday: lots of George Sanders, Peyton place, imitation of life, bad and beautiful (again) 

Wed: Disney night, robin hood, Zorro, Pete's Dragon, 

This Saturday's TCM Underground features the Bad Ass Gymnast double feature with Never Too Young To Die (1986) with an insane cast list of campy goodness (Gene Simmons, John Stamos, Vanity, Robert Englund, Lorenzo Semple Jr. GEORGE LAZENBY~!) and of course this would not be complete without GYMKATA~!

DVR Start Time is 2:30 AM.