DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

Curse of the Demon is on around 2:15 Central. If you haven't seen it before (or even if you have), highest recommendations

All of Friday into Saturday is Peter Lorre Day with all that entails (M, Mad Love, The Comedy of Terrors, etc.). If you really wanna sleaze it up then check out Star 80 which is fittingly on around 3:15 AM Sunday.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Curse of the Demon is on around 2:15 Central. If you haven't seen it before (or even if you have), highest recommendations

I DVRed it at my parent's crib when it came on in April..

I saw Curse of the Demon was on and it reminded me that it’s still sitting in my dvr from the spring airing unwatched. Between Judy Garland day and Peter Lorre day I’m going to probably be maxed out on space by end of the week. I do have probably ten unwatched Raws that can gtfoh though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shit yeah. I got the Blu Ray as soon as it was released. Honestly though, the thrill had a lot more to do with being able to buy a new Blu Ray and not having to pay $30 bucks for an out-of-print DVD. Even when I watched the streaming version on Netflix, it wasn't cruddy enough to ruin those gore scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Paths of Glory (which I have never seen) was just on and I caught the end... devastating. When all the soldiers went silent, then started humming, then started CRYING, I just lost it. 

Coincidentally it was John Landis' celebrity pick and he had a hilarious story about Kirk Douglas. Kirk quit First Blood when they changed the ending, so when John hired him for a movie with Sly Stallone, Sly was like "he wants to hit me!" There was a scene with Kirk slapping him on his deathbed, and sure enough when the time came he first faked one, then pasted Sly on the second. John said he hit him so hard there was a handprint embedded on his face haha

• 1 month later...

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Today they're showing (right now) The Terror, then the following: 

Carnival of Souls

SPIDER BABY (!!!)

Children of the Damned

BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (!!!!!)

Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

before returning to their regular dosage of John Wayne and Tyrone Power movies, so get on it