DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

Your weekend preview

Friday: Tony Perkins (no psycho) but Mahogany, winter kills, judge Roy bean and death rides a horse 

Saturday: the painted hills (the lassie movie from mst3k), THE LADYKILLERS, Jim Thorpe all American, trapeze, brief encounter, and the willard/ban double feature .

Sunday: wuthering heights (olivier), bacall on Bogart , 2 hammer Dracula movies, the Monster (Lon Chaney Sr), eyes without a face and diabolique again. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Curt McGirt said:

They replaced Kwaidan with Diabolique? Cue J.T. throwing his remote

EDIT: THX 1138 is gonna be on Thursday, 12:15 AM Eastern, in case you haven't seen it or want to be really depressed

I was quite upset by that. 

I consider the broadcast of THX 1138 and the addition of Eyes Without A Face to the TCM On Demand queue to be a direct apology to me for the unannounced schedule change.

Okay, gear up. Starting 7 PM Central tonight:

The Innocents

Diary of a Madman

Curse of the Demon

Carnival of Souls

From Beyond the Grave (Amicus horror anthology w/Peter Cushing)

or you can watch the Chucky marathon on AMC if you feel like slumming it.

If you haven't seen any of those, well, get to it. And don't be like me and think Curse of the Demon is Night of the Demon without realizing it's the sequel

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If you haven't seen any of those, well, get to it. And don't be like me and think Curse of the Demon is Night of the Demon without realizing it's the sequel

Dana Andrews said prunes 
Gave him the runes 
and passing them used lots of skills

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Innocents

Easily one of the best ghost stories ever put on film and not named The Haunting or The Devil's Backbone.

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

From Beyond the Grave (Amicus horror anthology w/Peter Cushing)

I am a mark for horror anthologies, so I had to DVR this to watch when I get home from work.

Well, they ain't horror movies, but a couple of classic movies worth watching come on today. 

The Russian Meddling marathon apparently starts at 8PM EST.

4:00PM EST Ivanhoe (A slowly paced epic, but Elizabeth Taylor is hot like fire.)

8:00PM EST Doctor Zhivago (No thanks.  I prefer not to cry today.  This movie is fucking great!)

11:30PM EST Nicholas and Alexander (EPIC~!)

3:00AM EST Rasputin & The Empress (Lionel Barrymore fucking rules.)

5:30AM EST Rasputin The Mad Monk (Watch Christopher Lee be awesome in scary in something other than a Dracula movie.)

Primetime for Thursday the 26th night is balls to the walls FUTURE SHOCK~!!!

8:00PM EST THE OMEGA MAN~!

10:00PM EST LOGAN'S RUN~!

12:15AM EST THX 1138 (TAKE YOUR RITOLIN BEFORE WATCHING THIS~!  SUPER DEPRESSING~!)

4:30 AM EST SOYLENT GREEN (IF YOU HAVEN'T KILLED YOURSELF BY THE END OF THX, THIS ONE WILL DO IT~!)

Only I see the slippery slope of a schedule that charges you up with a movie that has a nude Rosalind Cash in it, carries on with a movie featuring a nude Jessica Agutter, and then makes you want to slash your wrists by showcasing a double feature of the most soul crushing sci-fi movies out there. 

If Silent Running came on after Soylent Green, I'd probably have to call a therapist the next day.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Easily one of the best ghost stories ever put on film and not named The Haunting or The Devil's Backbone.

I am a mark for horror anthologies, so I had to DVR this to watch when I get home from work.

Well, they ain't horror movies, but a couple of classic movies worth watching come on today. 

The Russian Meddling marathon apparently starts at 8PM EST.

4:00PM EST Ivanhoe (A slowly paced epic, but Elizabeth Taylor is hot like fire.)

8:00PM EST Doctor Zhivago (No thanks.  I prefer not to cry today.  This movie is fucking great!)

11:30PM EST Nicholas and Alexander (EPIC~!)

3:00AM EST Rasputin & The Empress (Lionel Barrymore fucking rules.)

5:30AM EST Rasputin The Mad Monk (Watch Christopher Lee be awesome in scary in something other than a Dracula movie.)

And Thursday morning, Strike and a little film called Battleship Potemkin. #odessasteps

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

M is on at midnight later this week

(It's either Friday Night into Saturday or Saturday Night into Sunday - I am spacing now)

You should watch that if you haven't already

This is the rarely seen 1951 US version, not the Peter Lorre version.

never seen it, so def want to watch. 

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

IF YOU HAVEN'T KILLED YOURSELF BY THE END OF THX, THIS ONE WILL DO IT~!

The sight of Edward G. Robinson breaking down over a steak gets me every time. 

It would have been really neat if they had added Saturn 3 to the sci-fi list. Saw that on TNT as a kid and loved it. I mean, watching it now it's probably terrible (Ebert gave it one star when it came out), but hey

Thankfully I did catch the end of the original M when they were having Lorre as their featured performer earlier this year. Pretty goddamned amazing. 

EDIT: Ouch, Saturn 3 was nominated for three Golden Raspberries that year too

On 10/25/2017 at 8:16 AM, J.T. said:

Primetime for Thursday the 26th night is balls to the walls FUTURE SHOCK~!!!

8:00PM EST THE OMEGA MAN~!

10:00PM EST LOGAN'S RUN~!

12:15AM EST THX 1138 (TAKE YOUR RITOLIN BEFORE WATCHING THIS~!  SUPER DEPRESSING~!)

4:30 AM EST SOYLENT GREEN (IF YOU HAVEN'T KILLED YOURSELF BY THE END OF THX, THIS ONE WILL DO IT~!)

Only I see the slippery slope of a schedule that charges you up with a movie that has a nude Rosalind Cash in it, carries on with a movie featuring a nude Jessica Agutter, and then makes you want to slash your wrists by showcasing a double feature of the most soul crushing sci-fi movies out there. 

If Silent Running came on after Soylent Green, I'd probably have to call a therapist the next day.

Great as it was, This marathon needed Rollerball.

Tonight is Anthony Perkins again, including Psycho, Pretty Poison, the Trial and Fear Strikes Out.

saturday has back to back version of Ten Little (Indians) / And Then There Were None. And the original Little Shop of Horrors. Late Night, The Brood and Repulsion. 

Today's Halloween line-up looks like this:

8:45AM EST     White Zombie

10:00 AM EST   Mad Love

11:30 AM EST  DEMENTIA 13~!!!

1:00 PM EST   13 Ghosts (Real Talk:  The ghosts's revenge scene scared me so much as a kid that to this day I will not sleep in a canopy bed.)

2:30 PM EST   The Fearless Vampire Killers

4:30 PM EST   The original House of Wax

6:00 PM EST    POLTERGEIST~!!!!!

8:00 PM EST   The Old Dark House (I have seen this like one time, so I will be tuning in.)

9:30 PM EST   THE HAUNTING~!!!!!! 

11:30 PM EST  THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL~! !! (REVIEWED AND NOT WELL RECEIVED BY OUR VERY OWN MAD DOG MARTY SUGAR~!)

The Bat comes on tomorrow morning at four.  I will be still be peering into my own eyelids in a state of REM sleep.