DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

Rippa and I are old men and watch too much TCM.  And we both thought there was a thread for TCM but we could not find one so...HERE YA IZ!!!!

In July TCM is showing Hitchcock movies every Wednesday and Friday.

The full Hitchcock schedule is HERE

I am glad this thread exists now.  TCM has the awesome and extremely frustrating tendency to show really great and unedited old school horror movies at an hour that no reasonable person is awake to watch them.

House (Hausu) and Eyes Without a Face (Les Yeux Sans Visage) came on at some ungodly time but I had the forethought to DVR them and they've been sitting there waiting to be watched for months.

I hope to knock out at least one of them over the July 4th holiday.

Also if you look at the schedule and go to August - it will show you who is being featured each day for Summer Under the Stars (I don't the separate easily quotable list made yet)

So like since JT brought up Horror - Lon Chaney is August 3

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This year's John Wayne is

• The Quiet Man
  • The Searchers
  • Rio Bravo
  • They Were Expendable

Aww.  Rippa only looked at prime time.  Since they are also showing Stagecoach, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and MOTHERFUCKING MAN WHO MOTHERFUCKING SHOT MOTHERFUCKING LIBERTY MOTHERFUCKING VALANCE!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

I actually hate 'Summer Under the Stars' because it busts up my two favourite nights: the Saturday weird underground stuff night with bizarro 70s horror films or blaxploitation flicks and Sunday night foreign films.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Throne of Blood might be the best horror film that nobody ever calls a horror film. If you want to put it on your list for October, I will throw no shade. 

Didn't I suggest that in the horror thread? 

I mean, the Scottish play as Noh Drama is pretty scary just as a pitch. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caley said:

I actually hate 'Summer Under the Stars' because it busts up my two favourite nights: the Saturday weird underground stuff night with bizarro 70s horror films or blaxploitation flicks and Sunday night foreign films.  

I woke up early Sunday morning to use the bathroom and TCM was showing the unedited version of Black Mama, White Mama.

WHAT~!

After that, I got into the habit of just DVRing TCM for the entire Saturday late night block and seeing what I got. 

That's why I have House (Hausu) on my DVR waiting to be watched.

So... I knew shoulda called in sick today since I spent my morning eating breakfast and watching Mad Love (6:15 AM)

Here's what I would be watching if I had contracted blue flu today.

10:00 AM - The Seventh Victim

11:15 AM - The Sorcerers

12:45 PM - THE MOTHER FUCKING BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE~!!!!

2:15 PM -   Horror Hotel

5:00 PM -  The Plumber (I've only seen it once...)

6:30 PM -  The Terror (Yeah, the one with Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson.)

Five Million Years To Earth comes on this Saturday at 8PM and William Peter Blatty's unheralded gem, The Ninth Configuration, comes on early this Sunday morning at 2:30 AM.

Set DVRs or schedule your evenings accordingly.

Your JT "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DOING ON TCM AT THIS HOUR~??" schedule.

Saturday, July 29th:

• The Hidden (2:00 AM EST)
  • Deadly Friend (3:45 AM EST)

YES~!!!!

Thursday, August 10th

• The Dunwich Horror (4:00 AM EST)

Saturday, September 2nd / Sunday, September 3rd

• WESTWORLD~!!! (10:45 PM EST)
  • DEMON SEED~!!! (12:30 AM EST)
  • SCANNERS~!!!!! (2:15 AM EST)
  • THEM~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4:15 AM EST)

Oh, and that killer playlist on Labor Day weekend kicks off with some movie you might've heard about called 2001: A Space Odyssey..

• Like 1

There's also lots of good stuff coming on during the Summer Under The Stars run.

Tomorrow is Natalie Wood Day.  Splendor In the Grass will be on while I am at work, but I should be able to catch the so bad it's awesome Brainscan tomorrow evening.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Brainstorm, not Brainscan. I had to look that up because I freaked thinking it was the Eddie Furlong joint. 

Eh.  All I remember in my old man haze is that Dreamscape was the better dreams as weapons movie because it had a snakeman monster and a Bruce Lee reference in it.

• 3 weeks later...

September 9th is apparently crazy ass adult animation night on TCM Underground.

2:00AM - Belladonna of Sadness

3:30AM - Fantastic Planet.

I also received an advanced e-mail that Dracula will be the MONSTER OF THE MONTH~!  in October, so I suspect that there will be lots and lots of vampire movies in store.