DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

What's Up Doc? is on at 12:15 in the fucking morning.  I'll have to DVR it.  I am crashing after Rampage goes off.

The Gene Wilder double feature on Sunday night starting at 8PM EDT is Blazing Saddles and Silver Streak.

TCM Imports is Siren of the Tropics staring Josephine Baker and The Merchant of Four Seasons!  Good stuff!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently on the App

rules of the game, mad mad world, Cushing/Lee Hound of the Baskervilles, the boy w green hair, they live, victor Victoria, Tarzan 81, clash of the titans, rio bravo, don’t look back, Alice’s Restaurant, blow up, othello (welles), the thing 82, body snatchers 78

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, odessasteps said:

Currently on the App

rules of the game, mad mad world, Cushing/Lee Hound of the Baskervilles, the boy w green hair, they live, victor Victoria, Tarzan 81, clash of the titans, rio bravo, don’t look back, Alice’s Restaurant, blow up, othello (welles), the thing 82, body snatchers 78

Now THAT is a lineup. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it is finally Toshiro Mifune day on the 19th for this year's Summer Under The Stars.  All times are EDT.

8:00 AM

Throne of Blood (1957)

1h 50m | Epic | TV-14

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Isuzu Yamada, Takashi Shimura

10:00 AM

Samurai 1: Musashi Miyamoto (1954)

1h 32m | Adventure | TV-PG

Director

Hiroshi Inagaki

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Rentaro Mikuni, Kuroemon Onoe

12:00 PM

Samurai 2: Duel at Ichijoji Temple (1955)

1h 44m | Adventure | TV-PG

Director

Hiroshi Inagaki

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Koji Tsuruta, Mariko Okada

2:00 PM

Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island (1956)

1h 44m | Adventure | TV-PG

Director

Hiroshi Inagaki

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Koji Tsuruta, Kaoru Yachigusa

4:00 PM

Yojimbo (1961)

1h 50m | Adventure | TV-14

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Eijiro Tono, Seizaburo Kawazu

6:00 PM

Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo (1970)

1h 56m | Action

Director

Kihachi Okamoto

Cast

Shintaro Katsu, Toshiro Mifune, Mori Kishida

8:00 PM

Rashomon (1950)

1h 28m | Drama | TV-PG

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Machiko Kyo, Takashi Shimura

9:45 PM

The Seven Samurai (1956)

2h 40m | Epic | TV-14

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Takashi Shimura, Kuninori Kodo

1:30 AM

High and Low (1963)

2h 23m | Suspense/Mystery | TV-14

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Tatsuya Nakadai, Kyoko Kagawa

4:00 AM

I Live in Fear (1967)

1h 44m | Drama | TV-PG

Director

Akira Kurosawa

Cast

Toshiro Mifune, Eiko Miyoshi, Haruko Togo

I'm guessing that yesterday was Spencer Tracy day since we're watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) at two in the fucking morning.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Summer Under the bloody Stars is over with so we're back to normal. There isn't a good Underground selection this weekend but...

Tonight is EVIL PUPPET/PUPPETEER DAY!!!

- Dead of Night

- Magic

- Shanks

- The Unholy Three

That's three stone classics, two of the scariest movies ever, and Marcel Marceau raising the dead so, not bad for an evening. 

The OG Get Carter, which never gets played enough, is on at 5 Saturday. Night of Dark Shadows is on 6:30 AM Tuesday.

Now, was I talking about puppets? We get another Puppet Tuesday as they're playing The Muppet Movie (or maybe it was Muppets Take Manhattan), Thunderbirds Are Go, Thunderbird 6, and Attack of the Puppet People. Weird choice for two full chunks of programming.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Tonight's theme is movies based on radio shows for the old souls on the board like me and maybe three others of y'all. Crime Doctor! I Love a Mystery! Fibber McGee and Molly! GILDERSLEEVE BITCHES!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

A Face in the Crowd is on at 2AM, if you’ve never seen this movie record it and watch it, same goes if you haven’t seen it in awhile. It’s just as relevant today as it was when it came out in 1957. 

It's a great double feature to watch with Bob Roberts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit, dudes.  You may want to just set your DVRs to record everything on TCM from 2:45 AM EDT Monday morning to 6:45 AM EDT on Tuesday.

Way too many good things for one post.  Just check the schedule and be amazed.  

Let's just say that if you haven't seen The Howling, The Brood, The Green Slime, or Children of the Damned / Village of the Damned, you will be covered and then some.

• Like 1

THX-1138 and Robocop are a double feature next Saturday. Looks like Monday night week after next is gonna be the start of some Price stuff (Masque of the Red Death and House of Wax are listed but the guide stops there for now). 

I like how in the more recent block J.T. mentioned they have Rope back to back with Obsession. Wonder what De Palma himself would think about that...

• Like 1

It is both awesome and sad that there is no way that you could make Battle Beneath the Earth in this day and age.   It is also sad that there is no way you could make Crazy Rich Asians back in 1967.