DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

Most of those were on TV last night. I watched my standard amount of Mad Max, so at least (at LEAST) the open. Because I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am an out of controller. I had a mind to watch Star 80 but it felt too depressing to get into. Looking for Mr. Goodbar was on the other night too and I quit on it. 

I checked out the guide and it's kind of a bland week. There's a classic horror day with the usual suspects but that's about it. 

I’m watching Heavy Metal now. Always forget Ivan Reitman produced it, hence all the SCTV guys in it.

as I joked to my friend, I presume Star 80 is not part of a Bogdanovich memorial/ 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I’m watching Heavy Metal now. Always forget Ivan Reitman produced it, hence all the SCTV guys in it.

as I joked to my friend, I presume Star 80 is not part of a Bogdanovich memorial/ 

Bogdanovich refused to let Fosse use his name.  I forget the name of the bogus stand-in they used for him in Star 80.  

Robert Downey Sr. triple feature (Putney Swope, Babo 73, Chafed Elbows) on TCM Underground this weekend. Check your cable guide for times.

And set your DVRs because A Touch of Zen will be on TCM Imports.  Holy fuck!

Edited by J.T.

Got up early this morning to find that It's Alive was on TCM Underground on Friday Night.  I watched the last hour of the movie while I made breakfast.  According to the schedule, the first half of that double feature was The Brood.  I shoulda set my DVR.

The Magnificent Seven comes on at 6PM today and Time Bandits is on at two in the morning.

TCM Imports on late Sunday is Chunking Express / In The Mood for Love  (Tony Leung double feature).

Edited by J.T.

I presume they will be on the app tomorrow. ?

edit: it’s alive and the brood on the app. 

a;do a bunch of school movies, including stand and deliver, goodbye mr chips and to sir with love.

Edited by odessasteps

Currently on the app this week:

bunch of Henry Fonda (12 angry men, mr roberts, etc)

clash of the Titans

seventh seal

some “car” movies including Bullitt , speedway, spin out and Corvette Summer

Chunking Express and In the mood for love 

Edited by odessasteps

We watched Clash of the Titans yesterday.  Forgot all about the breastfeeding scene and Judi Bowker's stunt ass.

Silver Streak comes on at Midnight EDT tonight.

The Friday night triple feature is Planet of the Apes, Logan's Run, and Westworld.

To Have & Have Not is on Saturday afternoon.

Your Black History Month entry, The Symbol of the Unconquered, comes on late Sunday and that segues into Deep Crimson on TCM Imports.

Lots of good viewing this weekend.  Check your schedules for times.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

BHM rolls on this Sunday with the late, great Sidney Poitier starting at 2AM with Cry, the Beloved Country and including films such as Lillies of the Field and To Sir, With Love.  BHM on Sunday also features Selma from directior, Ava Duvernay, at 8PM EDT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the Great Race on the app, since I’d not watched it lately. 

also on there now:

victor victoria, arthur, chariots of fire, topkapi, klute, the paper chase, a man for all seasons, dirty dozen, 7 faces of Dr Lao, Ben hur, the defiant ones, black Orpheus, nights of cabiria, adv of Rob hood, and the lavender hill mob.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of Oscar stuff on the app as you’d expect. Also

life and times of harvey milk, logans run, day for night, discreet charm, Dersu Uzala, baby Jane, planet of the apes, the producers, the time mach8ne, mad mad world, forum, harvey, Tom Jones, that Hamilton woman.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...