DVDVR Message Board

Your Upcoming Good Stuff On TCM Thread

EdA

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

For those of you that missed the Toshiro Mifune awesomeness, most of the movies in the marathon will be on TCM OnDemand until May 2nd.

Thanks. I meant to record High & Low, but I spaced. 

I haven't seen any of the Lone Wolf and Cub series since me and a pair of friends who had the set burned onto DVDRs watched the first couple. We got burned out with all the rape and stopped watching on I think the third one. Anywho, Sword of Vengeance was AWESOME and I'm gonna dig into the second one ASAP. Also, they are apparently playing the whole series in the upcoming weeks IIRC! Set your DVRs.

(Boy that is a lot of acronyms haha)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I also caught most of The Panic in Needle Park and all of Pelham One Two Three. The former was incredibly depressing. It surprised me that the Pacino character actually came off more sympathetic than his lady because she constantly takes advantage of him, lies to him, pulls shit behind his back. It never stops. Also a surprise to see a young Raul Julia in what I believe was one of if not his first film role. Pelham, meanwhile, was two hours of people being smartasses to each other. A very, very old school New York movie. Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau were both cool as cucumbers. I haven't seen the remake but it felt like one of those movies you could easily remake but will never capture the original vibe of, unless you managed some kind of Assault on Precinct 13 miracle switcheroo.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Yep.  They're going to show the entire LW&C series over a three week period on TCM Imports.  Setting the DVR.

There is more girls in prison sleazy goodness on TCM Underground on Friday night starting @ 2:45 AM with Caged Heat and then Black Mama, White Mama.

Sunday is Easter so the traditional showing of Ben-Hur starts at Noon.  Remember that it is a four hour movie and you have the power of pause.

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chopping Mall and Night of the Creeps are in the late night spot this week. Next Thursday is gonna be a Sam Peckinpah night, featuring something called Peckinpah Suite (I presume a doc), another doc just called Peckinpah, and Ride the High Country, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, and The Wild Bunch. I could have gone for finally getting to see Cross of Iron or could always go for an airing of my absolute favorite Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, but oh well...

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully 7th Voyage is in their On Demand queue so I can watch it over the weekend.

I think my favorite Sinbad movie is Golden Voyage of Sinbad because Caroline Munro is hot and Tom Baker is awesome.  Watching him play The Doctor as an adult is somewhat jarring since Baker played a lot of villainous roles in his career.  The man was a dead on Rasputin FFS.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To carry this over from the Kung-Fu thread, tonight is horror anthologies and Black Sabbath is next. I wish it was the Italian version but I'm sure it isn't. 

Tomorrow we got the OG Rollerball on around 4:30 Central, then The Fearless Vampire Killers and House of Dark Shadows in the wee hours that next morning. Monday is Hammer Night. The Killers is on Thursday and I've never seen that so had to DVR it. Next Friday is all '50s horror trash like The Blob until we finish up the Ninja trilogy with Ninja III: The Domination. Then at 3 AM the final Natalie Wood film, Brainstorm, is on.