DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

I think the PnR largely depends on who initiates.  It's 100% guaranteed to work with someone like Dirk, DJ, Dwight, etc as long as there is a competent ball handler involved.  I like how the Mavs playbook automatically tries to set up Parsons as the ball handler for PnR.  I love the little touches like that.

Controller settings -> preferred position. You can even do player lock in MyGM/MyLeague so it's basically the career mode for a real player

So just fired up a MyGM file then started a game and in the controller settings option there isn't a preferred position option. What options you have are

Vibration

Pro Stick

Off ball Freelance Mode

Player Icon

Icon Lead Passing

Right Stick Defebse

Right Stick Pass Type

Who to Guard

Defensive Assist Strength

Boxout Assust Strength

automatic shot contest

Pass target presets

Edit: MyLeauge is the same

Okay, so the way I posted was for exhibition. This is from the developer's blog:

Player Lock – Under the Options menu in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE, there is a hidden gem of an option called ‘Position Settings’. In this menu, you can choose to play your franchise either player locked to your favorite player or locked to a given position. Definitely a unique way to play the modes that people will uncover as they explore everything we have to offer.

So, it's in there, just got to find it. Sounds like it's in the mode options.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 is out today. Looks much, much improved over the burlap sack of a game that was FHM 2014. It's also on sale for $29.99 USD for the rest of the week.

Here's a link with a features list. It's a relatively bare bones version of OOTP for hockey. It's got historical play and fictional play but a lot of the customization that OOTP has isn't there yet but I imagine it will be if they sell enough games to warrant continuation of the series.

Is there a great "how to build in Ultimate Team for free guide?"

I paid the $10 for the 2 packs a week deal and haven't done much with it because I can't recall if it's better to sale off my gold items for now or how to proceed.

One guide suggested building a concept squad in a non-MLS, BPL, or Spanish league variety because you can build a strong squad for cheap.

I can't help you with the FIFA stuff, sorry.

Buuuuut, somebody awesome made this in NBA 2K16:

aOdLRWq.jpg

UoCAYUq.jpg

There are some really impressive courts and jerseys being made. The Clippers nautical theme that they should've used is already up and looks fantastic. We've already got money Seattle Sonics and Vancouver Grizzlies jerseys/courts too. Oh, dear... and John Cena. Unfortunately you can't share the creations, it seems. :(

• Like 1

It doesn't exist, sadly. You can upload images to this site, then create uniforms and/or jerseys for teams. I don't know if it's only for MyGM/League or what, because I've just touched play now and MyCareer so far. I didn't know this until I had gone through like 10 pages of the OS thread on courts and jerseys. So many good ones and they can't share 'em. Surely that'll be a feature for next year and looks a pretty big oversight for this year.

It doesn't exist, sadly. You can upload images to this site, then create uniforms and/or jerseys for teams. I don't know if it's only for MyGM/League or what, because I've just touched play now and MyCareer so far. I didn't know this until I had gone through like 10 pages of the OS thread on courts and jerseys. So many good ones and they can't share 'em. Surely that'll be a feature for next year and looks a pretty big oversight for this year.

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to implement since there is already an option to upload images onto your 2k account for team logos

I also wish you could do all the team editing before the start of a league...like how you can with my roster

• 4 weeks later...

I randomly picked up MLB the Show '13 yesterday. Haven't owned or even played a baseball game since at least the Dreamcast. Started a RttS character because why not just dive in before you even know the controls? Love that it just skips around to the stuff my guy is involved in. A baseball game without all that pesky baseball? Sign me up!

I am a defensive liability to say the least, but after a dozen games or so, my dude is batting around .400 and is driving in runs like mad.

Not even sure what led me to pick it up. I'm not a baseball guy at all. That said, I'm baving a blast so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So'z, I got PES 2016 and it rules. So much fun and a great looking game. I've edited the Premier League and it took forever but everything but kit numbers and names looks 100% accurate. If I get really into it, I may edit the Bundesliga into the game. I was disappointed to find out only 3 German teams were in by default. 

I play 15 minute games and notice scores are pretty damn high. Would lowering the game speed in the options menu lower the scorelines? I went down 3-0 to Swansea at home early in the second half and came storming back to win 4-3 behind a Benteke hat trick. Great game but I feel like too many games devolve into goalfests. Zheroen, any advice? Shorter matches? Slower game speed?

Ideally, we'd have sliders like with FIFA but it's Konami and they're not exactly known for their openness outside of kit editing.

I set match speed to -1, tends to make gameplay a bit less end-to-end and more of a midfield battle for 15-minute matches.  There's a http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/855646-pes-2016-sim-settings.html'>thread on the Operation Sports forum that recommends some extensive edits of playing styles and tactics for all players/teams to further enhance gameplay (depicted in the videos below), but I haven't felt a need to start an exhaustive editing process of that scale as of yet.  Especially as there's a Data Pack due to be released next week that will probably change some things anyway.  A lot of people complain about how keepers are kind of useless with one-on-one chances, but I think it's more that shooting is way too accurate on default settings for both human and AI.  They've already fixed my earlier main complaint about not enough fouls (on launch you could get away with murderous slide tackles without a second glance from the referee), so if they tweak the shooting slightly, it'll be great.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I noticed I'm getting a yellow card or two per match now compared to the demo. I can usually get one or two fouls out of the CPU per match but I'd still like to see an increase in that. Fouls and too accurate/powerful shooting were my main complaints with the demo.

I saw that they're releasing a patch next Thursday before purchasing. I was worried that transfers from the summer still hand't made it into the game, hah. Thankfully it's not that bad. 

It sounds like the demo but with content updates. *shrug*

Worth checking out for those that don't already own it. Having a blast so far. I just beat Barcelona with West Ham on top player. Was another epic thriller with too many goals but fuck if it wasn't fun.

New PES patch nerfed shooting and I'm finding more fouls are called (though that may just be because I was playing a friend). Great game just got much better.

Edit: Played some solo games this morning and scoring is still too easy. It still feels a bit harder to score from outside the box but shots are generally still too accurate. Poop.