DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

FIFA 16 demo is out and it's more of the same. Some nice new small touches but after playing a few of games with it then booting up the PES 2016 demo, PES is king again and it's not even close. Holy shit, I just had a 4-4 thriller between Roma and Juventus! All four of the CPU's goals were completely different and completely awesome. Morata hit a beautiful fading bicycle (*Dusty voice* kick in the box, it goes off the bar and Vidal taps the loose ball in. I scored to make it 4-3 in the last few minutes of regulation time, Totti setting up his fourth goal. All of my goals were similarly worked in that Totti would drop deep and one of Iturbe or Gervinho would cut in and score. Some of Totti's passes were unreal. So'z, just after nudging myself ahead, they get a free kick at half with less than a minute to go in injury time. Pirlo pops it into the box, Morata nods it down perfectly to Vidal, who's sitting on the edge of the box, and he drills it in low and hard and sprints away in celebration. Fucking incredible! 

A few things I'd like to see worked on for PES though are more loose touches and poor passes, as it's stupid how accurate you can get with your passing as is, defenders being more aggressive to break up long killer balls (Totti, man, 4 ridonk passes - at least one of which should have been broken up), and the odd flubbed shot or at least take a little off of some of the shots.

Despite that, PES 2016 is probably going to be the only football game I get this year at least until FM goes on sale in late winter/early spring.

• Like 1

I'm still playing FM13, I generally make some occasional edits here and there with the included editor (adding young players/adjusting potential for young players who turned out be good, I leave transfers alone since the game is still starting in 2012) and I'm fine with that.  Prior to that, I played FM 10 for three consecutive years.  So, going by that, I should be due an upgrade...but I just haven't seen enough improvement in engine with these latest editions to warrant ditching the database I've crafted over the years.

Yeah, the FIFA 16 demo is just kind of...there.  It's a step up from 15, but that isn't saying a lot.  AI plays the same regardless of team chosen, and it's way too easy to just push forward until you see an opening and hit the through ball for the easy goal, even on World Class difficulty.  They have made some strides in getting the pace of the game to resemble actual football, but I have a suspicion that might go out the window with a patch because of ADHD teenagers complaining that it's too slow/difficult  (which happened with last year's game).  I still might get it for PC, just for the sake of having an alternative for online play.  But yeah, as mentioned above and earlier, PES just feels more dynamic and like an actual struggle for supremacy.  Can't wait for its release on Tuesday, I've got the digital version pre-ordered.

I'm not sure whether to get PES for PC or PS4. As you said, the PS4 version now supports shared option files/emblem editing but there are just so many more things you can mod on the PC end. I have a nice PC but I'm still leaning towards console because it's easier to play with friends than PC. 

I went with PC for PES 2015, and it was great having the mods for a single-player experience.  However, in the rare instances that I was actually able to connect to anyone with an online match, it was often a lag fest or a disconnection as soon as a clear winner was established.  The player base just isn't there on that platform, anymore.  Additionally, Konami is apparently putting most of their weight behind the PS4 version - I was also able to sell a friend with a PS4 on trying out this year's edition, so that made my choice pretty easy.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything about the match engine or attic changes. So I just grabbed LFCMarshall's Transfer DBase off FM Scout and was fine.

I tend to use his data too but he really likes to fuck around with player skills and then not change their CA or PA. Or he does the opposite. I think that may make the game act a bit wonky with player progression. I'm going through the major teams and players to make sure it's not too whack. Thankfully, 2015's editor has a recommended CA reading. I just saw Jordon Ibe edited to the point where he ought to be at 172 CA (lol) and is only set 138 in reality. I like Ibe a lot and think he will help provide some of what Raheem gave LFC but, c'mon now. Not to mention the CA differential.

Gameplay vid! Looks incredibly smooth. Love the new defense though it looks to be on easy, as the PNR is pretty OP. Smoove, the narrator, says he played on superstar and couldn't get the PNR to work often, so yeah that's great. You can see some of the new defensive schemes too. Those new net sounds, oh yeah.

Spike Lee directed MyCareer Mode:

If Smoove of all people has trouble with the PnR, then yeah, you know it's definitely been changed.  Dude is a maestro at 2K.  Watched his 1st impressions vid earlier, and I'm so ready for this game.  I'm broke as fuck, but I'm still getting my preorder.  Ball is life.

• Like 1

Zheroen, it doesn't look like you can share option files on the ps4 for PES. Instead, it looks like one huge pain in the ass just to import badge/kit images alone... :(

Yeah, I was kind of expecting as much.  I'm waiting for the upcoming transfer update (which should be live in the next couple of weeks) to create and transfer players, but I've already used the edit mode and importing feature to add official kits, badges, and managers for the Premiership, Championship, and Portuguese Liga.  I've also edited the 3 fake leagues and transformed them into the Bundesliga, J-League, and MLS (with official kits/badges/competition logos).  When the update comes around and I can finish editing, my Master League experience is going to be awesome.  I would share my editing work, but YOU KNOW...

Anyway, the MyClub mode actually has a point this year, and seems like one can truly build a squad and work their way up without paying to win.  I've also found online connections are exponentially better this year, virtually zero button lag at all during every match I've had thus far.  Again, I'll still probably pick up FIFA 16 at some point for PC (especially if it goes on sale prior to/around the holidays), but I'm very satisfied with this year's PES.  My only hope is that referees/foul detection and goalkeepers are both tweaked slightly (but not a lot) through patches - if Konami can manage to do that and avoid fucking up edit work with their data updates, I'll be quite chuffed.

Which one is reality and which one is the game?

I suck at Madden and using Armor & Sword's sliders just about broke the single game passing yards with Matt Stafford. The best part: I lost the game on a last minute TD drive by Phillip fucking Rivers. Also to keep in mind, I suck so very badly at Madden. I think those sliders are broken, or at least don't work with the roster I'm using or something, because holy shit... Pretty fun game despite all that and I'm not a football fan in the least. Probably wish I waited until it came down in price later in the year but oh well.

Looking forward to playing NBA 2K so badly. Also, the OOTP hockey game should be fun times too. End of the month will be all the sports, all the time.

Zheroen, it doesn't look like you can share option files on the ps4 for PES. Instead, it looks like one huge pain in the ass just to import badge/kit images alone... :(

Yeah, I was kind of expecting as much.  I'm waiting for the upcoming transfer update (which should be live in the next couple of weeks) to create and transfer players, but I've already used the edit mode and importing feature to add official kits, badges, and managers for the Premiership, Championship, and Portuguese Liga.  I've also edited the 3 fake leagues and transformed them into the Bundesliga, J-League, and MLS (with official kits/badges/competition logos).  When the update comes around and I can finish editing, my Master League experience is going to be awesome.  I would share my editing work, but YOU KNOW...

Anyway, the MyClub mode actually has a point this year, and seems like one can truly build a squad and work their way up without paying to win.  I've also found online connections are exponentially better this year, virtually zero button lag at all during every match I've had thus far.  Again, I'll still probably pick up FIFA 16 at some point for PC (especially if it goes on sale prior to/around the holidays), but I'm very satisfied with this year's PES.  My only hope is that referees/foul detection and goalkeepers are both tweaked slightly (but not a lot) through patches - if Konami can manage to do that and avoid fucking up edit work with their data updates, I'll be quite chuffed.

Did you gather all those graphical resources yourself or is there a place to download them from? I'm thinking of picking up the PS4 version (the PC version looks like butt) in the near future but can't find much support for PS4 editing.

The forums at http://www.pesgaming.com have all of the kits/logos that I'm using; apparently the Premier League/Championship pack at https://www.pesworld.co.uk/ is also quality.  There's a lot of manual entry and editing of base colors before applying the images required (so that the attire of the fans in the crowd and accessories like underarmour/sock tape match the kits), but the results look great.

• Like 1