DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Teaser trailer for NCAA Football '25 (or whatever EA is officially going to call it).

I might burn pto to play a stupid amount of hours around launch. 

• 3 weeks later...

It has been announced Arch Manning is opting out of the NCAA game, to "focus on playing football." Does he think being in the game means he has to play it? More likely of course someone in his very famous family advised him not to if the money wasn't right considering their "famous name" but that would at least be a real reason. 

On the plus side, the game is "87% of the way to their goal" for opt ins.  Ewers, Travis Hunter, Carson Beck, Jalen Milroe, and Dillon Gabriel have all opted in. It should be noted the pay to players is $600 and a free copy of the game. I know that doesn't sound like much (because it isn't) but they've already hit 10,000 player opt-ins, and it would have been a logistical nightmare to come up with different dollar amounts for every player based on their popularity. I wouldn't be shocked to find out later though that the top players got a little extra money, especially whoever ends up on the cover.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you look at the actual NIL distribution it's like most of life, very top heavy so there were always going to be more guys who took the $600 and copy of the game than not.

Arch's PR person already tried to spin it and say he wanted to wait to become a starter before being in the game. Sure bud, that'll make a big difference.

• Like 1

I suspect most guys are just happy to be in the game even if they know 600 bucks is less than they're worth. It's not like EA was going to be ponying up $25k per guy or trying to figure out a sliding scale. 

• 2 weeks later...

MLB The Show 24 hits Game Pass today (with 23 being removed)

I will play it again.

We should start a pool to see how quickly it enrages me

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

MLB The Show 24 hits Game Pass today (with 23 being removed)

I will play it again.

We should start a pool to see how quickly it enrages me

I make the mistake of buying it every couple of years and then put less than 10 hours into it. I promised I would not make that mistake this year. I might do a small game pass run with it, but my cup is overflowing already. 

• 2 weeks later...