DVDVR Message Board

Guest The Magnificent 7

Guest The Magnificent 7

First vid is a bit of a miscue...

This was an intense drive as my headlights kept flickering out and you can’t see a damn thing in the night stages if you mess up your lights. Game is mega difficult and punishing but super satisfying when you bring home a quick stage time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I'm day one of course. Friends and I did an all time draft with 20+ AI companies as well. Was a blast but I know editing the fantasy all time roster will be a heck of an undertaking. Excited for it though! The features list sounds like the best one in a long time. 

• 1 month later...

Apparently Manchester United are tired of people not hating them for new reasons and has decided to sue Sega and SI Over not using the proper crest to represent them in FM (which they'd have to pay to use, of course).

They also want to go after the fact that it allows mods.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, the folks at OOTP Developments have officially cancelled the football (American-style) game that they've been working on for some time.

Damn shame. . .I was really hoping they'd take a shot at it.

• Sad 1

I think it was more constant issues with the developers. First one I believe actually passed on from health complications and then the second took over and there were delays there too.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, so that's with the NFLPA, so it could be like that NHLPA game for SNES/Genesis. They also have a deal for non-simulation games with the NFL proper. So they could do a Blitz style game for the NFL and a 2K NFLPA game. I hope that's the way they go. As much as Blitz was fun, I'd love to see an NFL(pa) game again. 2k5 had so many great features and depth that Madden is still lacking 15 years later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Early thoughts on NBA 2K on ps5: I have played two full games now and so far it feels like the closest a video game has come to nailing realistic gameplay, especially for a more chaotic sport like basketball with so much going on at all times (except when Harden has the ball amiright?). One was with vanilla sliders and it went well enough. Then I played with a slider set from operation sports and it was next level.

Finally they've nailed defense so defenders don't just get completely blown by 99% of the time when a ball handler gets a tiny opening. Instead the defender moves laterally and it's down to ratings and recovery whether or not they can stop the drive. It feels amazing. Loose balls, long passes, tipped passes, and steals all make the game feel organic and for the first time it feels like they've got a handle on those things. Momentum feels great in that they're not stuck in wet pavement but at the same time don't feel floaty. The extra system power has allowed them to make feet planting look and feel realistic for the most part. The game looks phenomenal. There's a new rail camera as the default that I think made its debut in the bubble. It looks so good but I find the control orientation to be awkward compared to the 2k cam from behind. Maybe one day I'll try to reorient myself for it. The only thing they need now to make it look "real" is more branching tech for animations, particularly facial reactions and the eyes, but you don't notice those outside of replays. Stars feel like stars to me and they play as they should. It is so hard to get by Kawhi on the perimeter, but doable if you've got LeBron. Scoring with anybody other than AD or James was a challenge and relied a lot more on set plays or drawing in defenders with one of those stars. Just like in real life. Kawhi was so good off the dribble and PG was hot and cold.

I am really impressed. I do find the 40-48 minute game lengths in NBA games to be daunting, but I'm thinking of just playing fourth quarters in a league or gm mode. Maybe full games against rivals or those around me in the standings. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess in this years NHL release, there was a preorder bonus with an NHL ‘94 throwback mode. That standalone mode has gone up as part of GamePass today. I’ve only played one period so far, but it feels pretty much like I remember that game feeling.

I haven’t played it in years, but muscle memory has me absolutely bodying the CPU, so that’s probably another plus in terms of how accurate it plays to the original. 

This wasn’t on my radar at all and now I feel like I’ll be playing this more than anything else on the Series X...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...