DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 6/27/2017 - Two Tickets To Paradise

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thank you, apparently I am Youtube illiterate. Who were "Model Citizen" and "Putrid Sensibilities"? 

"Grindcore thrash metal" needs an "and" in between it needless to say

Model Citizen was naturally "The Model" Rick Martel. I can't make out Putrid Sensibilities. Yes, it should have been grindcore and thrash metal.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Model Citizen is Rick Martel

tumblr_o05xkthVT71u9x0kjo2_540.jpg

"Putrid Sensibilities"  is Michael P.S. Hayes in a picture I cannot find.

Putrid Sensibilities could really be any picture of Michael Hayes.

• Like 2

Just for the record - the WWE put up a video today showing all the MITB winners and it does have CM Punk and Damien Sandow (who were the two left out of the video during the PPV)

Well, technically in that sense they would have to include him.  But you just can't say his name on WWE TV or shows like Talkin' Smack.  Good thing Bryan didn't otherwise that would have gotten him in trouble.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:49 AM, RIPPA said:

They are pushing on Twitter... or at least Lana is that she had her shoulder up

So who knows... this could still be going somewhere

Well that is what happens.  Next week is Lana vs Naomi for the women's title 

Seems like they have done the "well the ref counted 3 when the shoulder was up" a good deal in the last year.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe rusev will interfere. Ellsworth's interference in MITB got buzz. 

I feel like we're going to see a Rusev assisted win for Lana. Then, hopefully Rusev throws himself into the title picture after attacking Jinder. The more possiblities for Jinder to drop the title to, the better.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming this is when Carmella cashs in because Vince LOOOOOOOVEESSSSS heel champs

Depending on how Brock is being pushed that day, Naomi is literally the only face champion in the WWE right now, at all levels.   That may be one of the few things to save her from Vince's whims at this point.

9 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Well, "trouble". I'm not really sure WWE has much leverage over him other than to say "you have to finish your contract", which is already the position he's in. 

Vince: I have been patient but you keep acting out. Do I have to fire you. 

Bryan: I think you do Vince, it is the only way I'll learn. 

Vince: Okay hey wait a minute!!!

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, it won't be the Colons that turn out as Breezango's attackers. The Colons have asked for, and received their release. 

Did they actually get their release?

Ive only seen the stories about them supposedly asking for it and nothing else (and even the asking rumors and really thin)

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Depending on how Brock is being pushed that day, Naomi is literally the only face champion in the WWE right now, at all levels.   That may be one of the few things to save her from Vince's whims at this point.

Think about that:

9 Main Title Belts

1 UK Title

3 NXT Titles

1 true babyface holds a title. 2 are weird tweeners depending on how they are booked (Brock and Asuka)

And to extend it even further - both briefcase holders are heels

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Think about that:

9 Main Title Belts

1 UK Title

3 NXT Titles

1 true babyface holds a title. 2 are weird tweeners depending on how they are booked (Brock and Asuka)

And to extend it even further - both briefcase holders are heels

Booms: Hogan. Austin.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did they actually get their release?

Ive only seen the stories about them supposedly asking for it and nothing else (and even the asking rumors and really thin)

I guess they didn't. Stories I've read now say they're still scheduled for SD house shows. Suspicions arose when an Orlando Colon (Epico) shirt appeared on Pro Wrestling Tees.

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess they didn't. Stories I've read now say they're still scheduled for SD house shows. Suspicions arose when an Orlando Colon (Epico) shirt appeared on Pro Wrestling Tees.

Doesn't Dustin Rhodes have a shop as well, like for awhile.