DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 6/27/2017 - Two Tickets To Paradise

Dolfan in NYC

I am starting to hate WWE styled multi matches because of how inactive they are when they are supposed to be chaotic. I mean I get the women played a relatively safe ladder match and I commend them for refraining from doing the truly stupid shit while wrestling a smart match. However, this whole "Lay outside the ring for 3 minutes and do nothing" bullshit annoys me because it is literally every match that has more than 2 people in them. This is why I loved the DIY and Revival matches because all four participants were utilized. You never got the feeling that action was too focused because it was well coordinated.

I don't want to single out this money in the bank because it is almost every money in the bank, but WWE severely doubts the audience's attention span that these matches essentially play out like a series of 1 v 1 matches instead of the clusterfuck they are supposed to be, You can be more creative WWE. Yes, you can have action in the ring, but you can have action outside of it as well instead of talent lying prone for several periods. I know they do that to  add suspense whenever they enter the ring to interrupt, but there comes a point where it is too obvious.

Aside from that, good show. 

Talking Smack was so good this week.

I loved how The Usos were having fun with DB and then brought up their new foolproof strategy, "When we're losing, we just leave." And Daniel Bryan isn't so much mad at them as he's disappointed that his cool friends would do such a thing.

Well these MITB matches have definitely made Carmella a bigger star. I think Becky has been helped as well. Everything Charlotte does looks reckless to me. She's really strong and athletic, but it looks like she doesn't quite know how to control it. Orton is probably already thinking of ways to maim the Singh Bros in the punjabi prison match. Fashion Police need their own network show.

Everyone is happy DBry is back to making Talking Smack what it is....

SWEET BEETS RETURNS!

So, this apparently got us blocked by The Fray Movement when Rippa brought it up....

Of all the matches they don't do picture in picture for, why aren't they doing it for the main event of the show? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

So....why did Jinder say Khali was his hero when the last time they were around at the same time Khali was his brother in law and Jinder treated him horribly because Khali's family upgraded?

Does it matter? Who hasn't erased the Great Khali/Jinder Mahal program from their memory? I was primarily follwoing the indies at the time, so I have no recollection of their angle.

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Carmella might be doing good right now, but if you think WWE isn't just being stubborn and telling y'all "we were right the first time! You're not my daddy, I do want I want", then...

For what it's worth, she got actual heel heat tonight rather than the crickets she usually gets, granted she pretty much cut the same (though good) promo.  They really could have had the Ellsworth interference at the PPV be the false finish where they did a restart at the show.  They still could have had her win, but it seemed like that finished followed up by the Usos walk out dug that show a big hole.

If I had to rank the women on the microphone 

1. Alexa 

2. Carmella 

3.  ?

Charlotte is very hit and miss and YELLS like THIS into the microphone.  Sasha was good as a heel, they haven't written anything good for her as a face. Mickie is passable. Nattie is good when she's shooting on the Bellas. 

I forgot mention how good Talking Smack was. Owens was awesome just completely fucking with Renee the way he did.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

1. Alexa 

2. Carmella 

3.  ?

Charlotte is very hit and miss and YELLS like THIS into the microphone.  Sasha was good as a heel, they haven't written anything good for her as a face. Mickie is passable. Nattie is good when she's shooting on the Bellas. 

I might put Naomi at 3. I thought she did well as a heel and has stepped up a decent bit as a face the past few months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Ellsworth's interference starts to backfire, Big Cass needs to be there to boot his head into the ninth row. I think Cass and Carmella could draw some real heat together.

If Big Cass career is just him randomly booting Enzo and the Big Hog he'll be a fine WWE Champion by year's end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

1. Alexa 

2. Carmella 

3.  ?

Becky cuts good babyface promos. Her three promos leading into MITB, at MITB, the SD after MITB were a good little story of how she was excited for the opportunity in the "land of opportunity" and how she's beginning to get sick and tired of D-Bry and Shane just gifting opportunities to liars and cheaters while she does the right thing and gets nothing for it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Yeah, I think Becky is pretty consistently good. Plus, as the Bayley saga has proven, cutting good promos as a pure babyface in the modern era is much harder than being a snide heel, and you never feel the audience is starting to turn on Becky

It was interesting to hear Bayley talk about her promos on austin's pod and her struggles on the main roster cutting them. 

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

. So, I guess Daniel Bryan gets to take it away from her again until he gets the decision he wants.  

If you watched Talking Smack, he's okay with this win. She did it the "right way".

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I forgot mention how good Talking Smack was. Owens was awesome just completely fucking with Renee the way he did.

I might put Naomi at 3. I thought she did well as a heel and has stepped up a decent bit as a face the past few months.

Heel Naomi was really good especially when she explained her reasons for turning and then pretty much everything with Team BAD. Very underrated on the mic. I was hoping she would retain some of that swagger as a face. 

Mickie has always been a good babyface promo which is why I'm surprised they have had her as a heel and then pretty much mute since coming back. 

So Lana went from having a competitive 5 or 6 minute match with Naomi in her "first match ever" to losing 2 weeks later in about a minute to the same person.  Yeah that seems to be in the wrong order.   Granted she wasn't great in the Money in the Bank match but since people thought she would be Eva Marie in the ring she more than held her own.  Strange

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Lana went from having a competitive 5 or 6 minute match with Naomi in her "first match ever" to losing 2 weeks later in about a minute to the same person.  Yeah that seems to be in the wrong order.   Granted she wasn't great in the Money in the Bank match but since people thought she would be Eva Marie in the ring she more than held her own.  Strange

They are pushing on Twitter... or at least Lana is that she had her shoulder up

So who knows... this could still be going somewhere