DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 6/27/2017 - Two Tickets To Paradise

Dolfan in NYC

Once again, the Fashion Vice segment is far and away the best thing on the show. 

Carmella, again, gave a fantastic promo where she was 100% in the right.  

Annoyances that followed: 

1) Daniel Bryan going 100% condescension while man-splaining his decision

2) The crowd pathetically trying to "What" her.

3) Carmella winning by exploiting No DQ anyway. 

So, I guess Daniel Bryan gets to take it away from her again until he gets the decision he wants.  

• Like 1

Carmella has really flipped the switch these last few weeks. They won't reverse this again, unless Carmella has to defend the case at Battleground against Becky. Great, great match. 

This was the first SD that you really saw that they have TOO MANY PEOPLE on the roster. They were zooming through appearances, matches, and entrances to get everyone in. 

• Like 1

Fashion Vice was great! Breezango and The Ascension are killing it. I really want to know who ransacked Breezango's office. I'm little disappointed Konnor didn't name-drop Danzig. For god sakes, Viktor has a Danzig tattoo. The Eddie Money tickets just put it over the top.

It looks like we're getting a Mike Bennett/Sami program. I could live with that. Of course, I'm always glad when Maria is on. I eventually want to see her win the women's title.

• Like 2

They actually made Carmella into a star over the past two weeks after a year of crickets. She did a great job again on her promo and her reactions during the match were really good. It seems like she'll be programmed with Becky for awhile so hopefully that helps her improve in the ring.

I'm glad the Lana wrestler experiment is over and they didn't mess around. Naomi crushed her like she should.

Fashion Vice was great again.

I feel like The Usos are totally outshining New Day in their feud. Honey, Austin, I love you but time for some new material, honey.

Orton and Jinder have had two shockingly good matches but I feel like WWE's asking too much from Randy to get a good Punjabi Prison Match out of him. That seems impossible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Orton and Jinder have had two shockingly good matches but I feel like WWE's asking too much from Randy to get a good Punjabi Prison Match out of him. That seems impossible.

I was thinking they'd go this route with Jinder's reign eventually but I was hoping it be maybe Jinder vs. AJ Styles in the Punjabi Prison where you know AJ would do everything and anything to make it work.  That said,  Jinder is definitely not the worst guy to ever compete in the Punjabi Prison lol.

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was thinking they'd go this route with Jinder's reign eventually but I was hoping it be maybe Jinder vs. AJ Styles in the Punjabi Prison where you know AJ would do everything and anything to make it work.  That said,  Jinder is definitely not the worst guy to ever compete in the Punjabi Prison lol.

Well, you can pretty much pencil in the Bollywood Boyz taking some brutal bumps off the prison, definitely taking some rko's diving from the prison.

Hmm. Something doesn't add up with The Ascension's story. Grindcore and thrash metal are distinct genres--though mutually influential, there's no such thing as "grindcore thrash metal." Furthermore, their occult symbology and aesthetic borrows more from goth, deathrock, and industrial than either. 

Add it all up, and it doesn't hold the water in Fandango's squirtguns. 

Keep an eye on them, Fashion Police. These are not honest men.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Hmm. Something doesn't add up with The Ascension's story. Grindcore and thrash metal are distinct genres--though mutually influential, there's no such thing as "grindcore thrash metal." Furthermore, their occult symbology and aesthetic borrows more from goth, deathrock, and industrial than either. 

Add it all up, and it doesn't hold the water in Fandango's squirtguns. 

Keep an eye on them, Fashion Police. These are not honest men.

The Ascension are going to create the grindcore thrash genre. These were guys that were originally part of a group of vampires in nxt, at least Konnor was. The goth and industrial influence is definitely there. I think they're all over the metal map.

Who are The Ascension covering up for? It's Harper and Rowan...because why the hell not?

• Like 1

Didn't HHH's crown melt a bit, though?  Looked like it.  The commercial doesn't work for me, anyway.  Rollins cuts white-meat face promos on RAW, then is shown burning down buildings and possibly killing security guards.  Identity crisis much?

Fashion Police was hilarious.  Interested in how Zayn/Kanellis will work.  Next week's rap battle should be good.  Xavier better bring a Howitzer if he has it, because DGAF Usos are not to be trifled with. They could have just done this MITB finish the first time.  Credit to Carmella, she cuts a mean promo.  Character wise, she could become the female version of Edge and be an opportunistic schemer.

Naomi may be able to see in the future.  She pushed for the Feel the Glow gimmick for two years.  Finally got it, got over, and will likely get a ton of new merch to take advantage of the new GLOW program.  Pure genius.

• Like 2

Damn, Renee made a ton of sense just now.  Bryan asked why is it that people banned from the arena always get back in,  we need better security.  Renee said "well, their face is their badge, all of security probably aren't being alerted to this."   WELL THEN WE NEED BETTER ALERTERS.  

Hype Bros vs. Usos was gpood though I wish so much of it didn't happen during the commercial. i like to hear audience reaction even if it is on the weaker side. Same with Sami/Corbin.

Naomi/Lana was damn short. I kind of feel sorry Lana getting squashed like that with the work she has put in, hopefully this doesn't discourage her. On the other hand I'm pretty pleased Naomi got a strong victory.

Fashion Police was the highlight of the show, but that is kind of expected when they appear. That interrogation was a thing of beauty.

I disliked them repeating last week's comments in the opening segment, but I thought it got really good once they got past it. MITB match was solid. It was a decent enough brawl with some nice parts like Tamina's show of strength and everyone taking Carmella away from the belt. . I think did a good job using this whole ordeal to put Carmella over a few levels above where she was. Too much of the focus was from her partnership with Ellsworth was on him until the last two weeks. She did a good job of bringing the heat back to her.

Loved this MITB match, thought it was excellent and way better than the PPV match. Everyone got a little bit of shine and I like Tamina's showcase spots. Carmella rules. Crowd was hot for the finishing stretch. Surprised to see Naomi win in under a minute. I love bringing back the Punjabi Prison, thought the last one with Batista/Khali was pretty fun and think this could be as well. Enjoyed the Orton/Shane back and forth on the mic as well. Fashion Vice was my favorite one they have done yet, Ascension were perfect there. Good show and next week should be too.