DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is A Vulgar Display of Power - 6/26/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Emma didn't NEED to be faux Eva Marie. She already had a perfectly good gimmick, one not designed to cover for an inability to wrestle that she didn't have. They stuck Emmalina on her because she was coming back from injury the same time Eva was noping out from the company, and WWE Creative is hack writers who care more about pushing their shit than actual wrestlers beholden to the whims of a seventysomething lunatic.

• Like 3

I don't believe anyone said it was a good gimmick.  The point is that she did a markedly poor job at it to the degree they wouldn't even air it.  If she picked it up poorly, or if she mailed it in hard because she didn't care, either one reflects very poorly on her.  If the company is scared that she can't pick up anything out of a narrow comfort zone, or that if she is asked to do something she doesn't like (and this will happen to anyone in WWE for any stretch of time, hell to most wrestlers in general) she will just do a shitty job of it... would you invest much in that person when there are others who would love the opportunity and don't carry that baggage?

People end up in situations like this in all walks of life all the time.  You either start over elsewhere or work your way past it.  She's lucky she is in a somewhat thin division, if she works hard and doesn't have any issues she'll get her chance sooner than it otherwise would have come.  And if something else comes up before then (or god forbid another injury, she has had terrible injury timing) then nothing of worth would have been lost or jeopardized.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to catch the Gauntlet Match (and Heyman sweating like me at work) right after the New Japan replay. I'm super happy for Nia, she deserves to be treated like the new Aja/Dump and just crush fuckers at will. Sasha was great firing back at her after she was winded in the final round while getting blasted at the same time. The constant rollouts for the 10 count were the best. It was a really great piece of storytelling... and then known addict, fuckup, psycho Kurt Angle comes out to raise Sasha's hand. Wow what an endorsement for the ladies. Never change, WWE. 

Oh yeah, it looked like Nia snapped a rubber band at Bayley, which was really funny 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm super happy for Nia, she deserves to be treated like the new Aja/Dump and just crush fuckers at will.

I don't think she does. She really puts nothing into her gimmick, giving an Emma esque apathy/resentment with it. She too much into looking pretty, teasing her hair and wearing make up. If you look at other female monster heels like Aja, Bull Nakano and Kharma, they were willing to look ugly. 

I want to like Nia, because she brings something different to the women. But in practice it feels weak. 

Nia really needs to be a babyface. She just can't be mean and works like she's afraid of hurting people. Being a heel requires personality as much as (if not more than) physical presence. Asuka is tiny but projects a way scarier image than all of the heel women, and many of the heel men (I'm looking at you Cass and Baron).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Big Sexy 

I actually did consider Nash, but I would not qualify him as a monster heel beyond his days as Michael's bodyguard. 

Samoa Joe use to frost his hair so that is one.