DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is A Vulgar Display of Power - 6/26/2017

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So they book Nia Jax to be the big babyface enduring all challengers and then have a rested Sasha beat her clean. All you had to do was reverse the order and have Nia be the final boss for Sasha. As it stands right now Nia Jax is the babyface monster who has a reason to want to destroy Alexa and Nia overcame most of the division only to lose cleanly to Sasha, who is a tweener at best and has little history with Little Miss Bliss.

What makes Nia a good guy, fluking into a bad spot in the gauntlet? What makes Sasha a bad guy, that she fluked into a good spot? A bad guy can have an admirable trait and still be bad. Nia for most of her run has had no problem ambushing and bullying people smaller. Nothing about last night made her good. 

Bliss has a title and that is the only connection Sasha needs. They can build some history off of that 

I thought the pay per view was this week but I was mistaken. Next Monday will probably show how Joe/Brock goes. If Joe gets the better of Brock again, then Joe is getting the Luke Harper treatment. If Brock gets the better of Joe (which is past due), then Joe gets a decent match and has an outside shot of winning. 

• Like 1

The WWE got exactly what they paid for with Lavar Ball. Keeping the microphones live on people who weren't supposed to be using them, that should be on someone in the truck.

I really hope they don't screw up Brock and Joe. Just let them beat the crap out of each other. Brock would be down for that.

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So remember how Corey had always said how he liked Cass and hated Enzo? Why exactly did he squeal on Cass then?

My assumption was that he wanted Cass to break free of Enzo, and if he didn't squeal on him than the team was going to stay together. So he revealed the video to make sure they split up and Cass could be his true individual self. Which admittedly is probably more thought than they put into it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So they book Nia Jax to be the big babyface enduring all challengers and then have a rested Sasha beat her clean. All you had to do was reverse the order and have Nia be the final boss for Sasha. As it stands right now Nia Jax is the babyface monster who has a reason to want to destroy Alexa and Nia overcame most of the division only to lose cleanly to Sasha, who is a tweener at best and has little history with Little Miss Bliss.

I disagree with this. Both Nia and Sasha were protected and look better out of this. Nia outlasted 4 women and looked like a beast and Sasha hurt her leg early on in the final bout, took a big beating and then survived the monster with a submission out of desperation. The crowd was behind her and both women put on a great performance. Also, Sasha has plenty of history with Alexa, they've been throwing jabs and shots at each other since the shake up.

• Like 1

I just don't get where anybody could see Nia being a "babyface monster" with all the mocking, trash-talking, bullying the ref to get him to count faster, and willingness to take a cheap count-out victory multiple times actions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It amuses me that it's just a sleeper with a body scissors added. Like sleepers have been used forever and a day and broken by babyfaces everywhere, they aren't exactly protected.

Doesn't matter if it's happened before, as long as Joe's is protected.  You can get anything over as a finish if it's protected and sold properly.  

• Like 7

What Sweetser said. The thing that worked really well was that even through Brock slammed Joe into the screens hard twice, he either didn't let go or got it back on ASAP. Sure, Brock fought back. But it didn't matter cuz Joe is so strong, tenacious, whatever, the point is it stays a threat.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, EVA said:

LaVar looked like an overgrown Make A Wish kid coming out there.

Well if I'd gotten my wish, LaVar would've suffered a throat injury somewhere along the line.

I'm all for the return of Showtime and the emancipation of our new star player on the Lakers via hardway clothesline to his dad..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

What Sweetser said. The thing that worked really well was that even through Brock slammed Joe into the screens hard twice, he either didn't let go or got it back on ASAP. Sure, Brock fought back. But it didn't matter cuz Joe is so strong, tenacious, whatever, the point is it stays a threat.

Exactly.  The strongest guy in the company that had the best chance to break the Coquina had to resort to slamming Joe into the entrance set, TWICE, to get him to let go, and it didn't last more than a second.  

I think it also speaks to the respect that Brock must have for Joe that he's putting Joe over this strongly in this fashion.  Joe has stuffed a takedown by Brock and choked him out, which is not something I think anyone's really done in this current run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Well if I'd gotten my wish, LaVar would've suffered a throat injury somewhere along the line.

I'm all for the return of Showtime and the emancipation of our new star player on the Lakers via hardway clothesline to his dad..

LaVar Ball and his traveling medicine show is the Showtime we deserve right now.

Joe/Brock continues to be great. I really hope they get time at GBOF, because that match could be be an absolute arms race of stiffness that both guys would enjoy.

I also liked the return of the "random Raw where we book Sasha like the star she should be."

4 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I was highly impressed by Lavar's homage to Kung Fu Master Superstar Billy Graham. Also the lighting on the ramp exposed Brock's special "George Constanza almost dies visiting the holistic healer" make-up before he even got choked out.

I thought he was channeling 3-time Karate Champion the Cat as his spirit animal.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I also liked the return of the "random Raw where we book Sasha like the star she should be."

They never really change the dynamic of "Whose turn is it to be champion?" booking and Sasha is past due in that regard.

Emma really should have handled the Emmalina thing differently. At this point she is never going to be trusted with a push and probably should not be. 

I don't blame Emma when she got stuck with a gimmick she couldn't pull off. Maybe testing it out first before shooting vignettes would have been a good idea. There was absolutely nothing wrong with evil Emma's run in nxt. Her nxt run was pretty awesome. It's not Emma's fault Eva Marie couldn't wrestle and pull off her own gimmick. If Eva Marie was even at Lana's level in the ring, the Emmalina gimmick never exists.

• Like 1

Reports are that Emmalina died as much from Emma not really committing to it as much as simply not being good at it.  Given how one could say something similar about her Dancin' Emma run on the main roster... WWE would be pretty dumb to invest much in her at this stage.  Fair or not she likely needs to put in a steady stream of good work and effort before they'll be comfortable using her as anything other than a background player.

• Like 1

I can see it both ways.  Emma's a good worker and would be of great use to the women's division if she could stay healthy.  She clearly takes wrestling seriously. But she's in and out of the lineup too often for gain traction.  I can see why Creative would think the Instagram model gimmick would work.  Emma spends half her time posting pictures of herself.  They probably thought she'd be OK with it, and would tweak the Eva Marie thing to have the model chick actually be a good wrestler. And all that and a brawler, too, if you will.

I understand wanting to be seen just for the in-ring work.  But Emma isn't in a spot to be choosy.