DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Wilbon_Michael_cropped-1_400x400.jpeg

PRE-Season. 

Whatever. They still lost to a team from fucking San Marino. That's like an MLS side losing to a middle school team.

Or Celtic losing a friendly to a team from Gibraltar.

Oh, wait... not a friendly. A competitive game. In an 'Undefeated' season, no less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Or Celtic losing a friendly to a team from Gibraltar.

Oh, wait... not a friendly. A competitive game. In an 'Undefeated' season, no less.

I appologize. They got dumped out of Europe today by a team from mighty Lichtenstein. My bad.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Wasn't this the season before the undefeated season?

No - it was the 2016-17 season - when they were undefeated domestically. They lost 5 Champions League games.

Arsenal lost 6 games in their "Invincibles" season - once in FA cup, twice in League cup and 3 times in the Champions League

5 hours ago, Roman said:

Lacazette to Arsenal. I'm intrigued.

Arsene Wenger has a dream that one day he'll be able to field a full first XI of men called Alex. And he's getting closer.

Gold Cup kick off at RBA tomorrow. I will be one of 400 people who watch both matches (Canada vs French Guiana followed by Costa Rica vs Honduras). The brawls in the stands during the second game might be fun but won't be nearly the same as the last time I went to Gold Cup there: they had El Salvador and Honduras playing on the same night. You history buffs might know why that would be problematic to say the least. Needless to say it was wild.

15 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United for a reported £75 million transfer fee.

If he was going to go, glad the return price was so good. 

Now, about the rumors of signing Giroud...

It's weird how when you look at France's first XI, Alcazette can't get on there because the manager likes to use him as a sub. But the guy who starts instead of him is... Olivier Giroud.

Mexico's Juan Carlos Osorio got himself suspended 6 games for his temper tantrum during the Confed Cup so he won't be managing in the Gold Cup

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mexico's Juan Carlos Osorio got himself suspended 6 games for his temper tantrum during the Confed Cup so he won't be managing in the Gold Cup

I wish he had done something stupid while with us to get banned for the entire 2009 MLS season. 

Just a reminder that the Gold Cup is a fiasco

French Guiana is starting an illegible player and gives no fucks (which will end up dicking over Canada probably)

• Like 1