DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

Jair Marufo is worse than pubic lice. But it's understandable that he could miss a blatant penalty. It's not like VAR has been introduced... oh.

Arsenal's performance reminds me of that one scene in Eastern Promises (no, not the bathhouse one!). I wonder if Wenger sees Liverpool as a direct rival for 4th after today. It was rumoured in the rags that he's more open to selling the Ox to Chelsea than to Liv'pool because the plazzies are title contenders. 

Still a few long term issues for Liverpool if they want to really compete at the top (apparently Van Dijk is the only centreback alive not contracted to LFC) but today was awesome. Jermaine Jenas can fuck off with his early negative comments about Salah. 

Keita to Liverpool next summer with the Reds paying a premium on top of next summer's £45m release clause to get it done before one of the bigger clubs turn their attention to him. Awesome. Probably confirms the Can to Juventus on a free transfer next year but I think that's a significant upgrade despite Can's past two performances. 

They also seem to be going in for Lemar bigly. Yes, please. If Liverpool could bring in Lemar and a CB, I could see them being serious title challengers. 

Whoops, posted in the wrong thread. I'll say this though, Barcelona are a fucking mess and need to boot this Bartomeu fuck out of the board room like the PTA just disbanded. Just non-stop falsehoods and the most blatant tapping up, thanking Coutinho in trying to engineer a move.

Barcelona's just... fucked up right now. That entire transfer window was a mess.

As a very minor issue in all of this, I don't really get why they didn't throw some money at Valencia to get Carlos Soler. Not that he'd be an instant superstar, but come on. Do something.