DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Dewar said:

The ref mangled the hell out of the second half of Barca-Madrid today. Ronaldo should not have touched the ref, but he also should not have been booked for a dive, especially after Suarez got away with a dive for a penalty.

He's going to be missing 3-5 games for that "push". Bad call, but ya don't touch the ref.

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

He's going to be missing 3-5 games for that "push". Bad call, but ya don't touch the ref.

Rumblings are he could be looking at a 12-game suspension.

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

BWP=GOAT!!!!! On to KC for the final!!!

Marsch was classy as hell to thank the Cincy supporters afterwards. New stadium be damned, they really need to stay at Nippert when they go to MLS because that atmosphere is sensational.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Marsch was classy as hell to thank the Cincy supporters afterwards. New stadium be damned, they really need to stay at Nippert when they go to MLS because that atmosphere is sensational.

I totally agree. Just upgrade the turf and they are good to go.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Think it's safe to say Celtic are advancing to the CL group stage. Owen Gaul with a brace!

I hate you,. I was like "Who the F*** is Owen Gaul" and started searching Google for his name.. and then I read the name again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They couldn't hold it at MetLife because of their pretentious " We're New York's team, we don't play in JERSEY" bullshit. This is absolutely fucking hilarious.

YOUR 2017/18 Wafer Champions League groups:

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow
Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic
Group C: Chelsea, Atlético Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting Clube de Portugal
Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord
Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, Leipzig
Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, Apoel Nicosia

Poor Celtic and Spurs.

Anderlecht's been absolute shit this season, and only won the championship last year because the others sucked even worse than they did. Celtic won't be last.

I'm looking forward to Atlético/Roma, Juventus/Barcelona, Real/Dortmund and - for some reason - Leipzig/Monaco.

I was thinking the same. It also wouldn't be impossible for Spurs to beat out BVB for second but it's a big ask even with Dembele looking likely to join the shitbums in Barcelona. The fight for the top two spots among Roma, Chelsea, and Atletico will be pretty rad to watch unfold. Group D is fucking death. Both Mancunian clubs got easy draws and it couldn't have been better for Liverpool. I'm looking forward to this.

With PSG breaking the transfer market, it seems like most teams are waiting it out until the end to see if people will regain some sort of sanity (relative). There will likely be a flurry of transfers within the next week. What gem does Dortmund pluck with some of the Dembele money? Will VVD punch Les Reed in the face? Will Coutinho throw a tantrum? What dumbass move will Barcelona lurch into next? 

Remember: the fact that PSG are spending stupid money doesn't make them evil. It's where the money is coming from that makes them evil. We all talk about groups of death at every World Cup. The Quataris are literally staging a World Cup that is a festival of death with the corpses of de facto slave laborers stacked up like chordwood. PSG is nothing more than a PR offensive by a government that is a boil on the ass of humanity.

My thoughts on the Spurs draw:

photo-8-e1383452872305.jpg

It will be entertaining, but Jesus Christ.

Manchester United's group draws must be handled by the same people that do Italy's in Europe/World Cup qualifying in perpetuity.

Hopefully Chelsea and Atletico Madrid get into a baseball level brawl where people pretend to throw punches and fall down, and then the pitch is struck by a meteor.