DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

35 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Sawkur money has been kind of ridiculous for a long time now, but PSG and Neymar can get fucked.

The story is a lot more interesting when you start looking at  all the other factors involved other than actual football: tv rights, shirt deals, governmental p.r., etc. 

My favourite hot take was BBC Sports tweeting you could have got Kyle Walker four times for that price, I asked them why anyone would buy the worst player in Tottenham's starting XI last season four times. As a Tottenham fan I'm pretty baffled by the amount of interest he generates. He runs fast, but Jesus he's dumb. Internally the club seemed pretty non-fussed with the idea of moving him to a rival which should always be a big hint.

Mine is that for the total money being spent on this one player you could've built Red Bull Arena (which is considered by most to be the nicest stadium in MLS) twice and had millions left over.

In fairness someone brought up a very good point: he may have had no choice but to cooperate with the drug lord. Remember the drug cartels de facto run the country, the government and law enforcement are almost completely powerless against them. You cross them and you (and your family) die.

PSG is such a feel good story: a corrupt human rights abusing cesspool of a government that is a boil on the ass of humanity using their blood money to buy legitimacy through sport. Just warms my heart.

I was so looking forward to hearing a bunch of raving Arsenal fans yelling "Wenger out!" on their YT fan channel, but then Leicester decided to stop playing defense after the eightieth minute. 

Though one of those last two Arsenal goals was assisted by a clear handball. 

24 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I was so looking forward to hearing a bunch of raving Arsenal fans yelling "Wenger out!" on their YT fan channel, but then Leistecer decided to stop playing defense after the eightieth minute. 

Though one of those last two Arsenal goals was assisted by a clear handball. 

Ball hit the guy's arm but it's the old did the arm play the ball or did the ball play the arm? The arm was against the body and not extended so a handball call would've been harsh IMO.

16 hours ago, Pete said:

Sweet baby Jebus. Everyone has their work cut out for them if they want to top #ARSLEI.

Watford-Liverpool: "Hold my beer".

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

Ball hit the guy's arm but it's the old did the arm play the ball or did the ball play the arm? The arm was against the body and not extended so a handball call would've been harsh IMO.

I thought his arm propelled the ball enough to call handball, but then again, the official missed a Leicester handball in the box that should have been a penalty earlier on in the game, so it all evened out. 

This is an absurd opening weekend. So glad for Sir Pat Stew that Huddersfield won!

There was a 10 minute VAR tonight after Kaka playfully patted one of his friends on the Red Bulls in the back of the head. This was judged to be violent conduct and he was sent off. I've been following MLS literally since the day it started and this may have been the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

So yeah, Ronaldo is going to get a lengthy suspension for shoving the ref after getting sent off for a second yellow (The best part is that the first yellow was for taking his shirt off after a golazo).

The ref mangled the hell out of the second half of Barca-Madrid today. Ronaldo should not have touched the ref, but he also should not have been booked for a dive, especially after Suarez got away with a dive for a penalty.