DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

If anything, I'd argue that MLS gains more credibility by the Galaxy treating the game as the exhibition that it is rather than running out their starters for a friendly in the middle of their season just because it's against a big European side. 

Really that is absolutely correct but the general public doesn't think that way. They just see the scoreline and come to the conclusion MLS is awful and not worth supporting. It's basically a PR issue.

Some are saying that PSG is about to close a deal for Neymar worth 254 million USD. The millions that have been thrown around since Bale's transfer have been nothing short of insane. This would push it to a new level again.

34 minutes ago, Roman said:

Some are saying that PSG is about to close a deal for Neymar worth 254 million USD. The millions that have been thrown around since Bale's transfer have been nothing short of insane. This would push it to a new level again.

To put that amount in perspective: 2 Neymars would cost more than an NHL expansion team ($500 million) and Neymar himself would cost 2 1/2× more than an MLS expansion team ($100 million). Red Bull Arena only cost $200 million to build, $54 million less than Neymar.

Jozy had to get a rabies shot after the game. After the game I saw the craziest thing: there was a little girl (couldn't have been older than 10) with a giant cooler in the parking lot who I presumed was selling cans of soda or bottles of water. Nope, she was selling cans of beer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just nuts.

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Jozy had to get a rabies shot after the game. After the game I saw the craziest thing: there was a little girl (couldn't have been older than 10) with a giant cooler in the parking lot who I presumed was selling cans of soda or bottles of water. Nope, she was selling cans of beer. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just nuts.

I love Philly. 

BTW, Seattle scored *FOUR TIMES* in 27 minutes last night to become the first team in MLS history to ever overcome a 3-0 deficit. 

• Like 1

LOL at the scum. If anyone was thinking about going to the Spurs-Roma match at RBA be advised that the promoter is dumping unsold tickets on SeatGeek and StubHub for $32 after fees. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to charge $60 a ticket for the get in price.

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

AND Clint gets #57.  

And holy shit did he know it the moment he kicked it.  Attaboy.

The Ticos showed us all how NOT to build a wall. Deuce is the man!!!

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I love Philly. 

BTW, Seattle scored *FOUR TIMES* in 27 minutes last night to become the first team in MLS history to ever overcome a 3-0 deficit. 

I would like to point out this is technically not true. In 1996 Metro had the legendary comeback vs TB from 3-0 down that they won in the shootout. We were also the second team in league history to overcome a 3-0 deficit, this time vs NE at Gillette resulting in a 3-3 draw. The game was also noteable as Tim Howard's last game for us before he joined United.

And of course the scum got pasted by expansion Minnesota 4-0 tonight. Hahahaha, give Ben Olsen a contract extension! Even better on a night Metro looked like Brazil playing a pub team (which is what the Impact looked like tonight).

Community Shield kickoff time moved an hour earlier, so as not to clash with the Women's European Cup final.

Also:

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Sawkur money has been kind of ridiculous for a long time now, but PSG and Neymar can get fucked.

What, you're not good with a disgusting human rights sewer of a nation spending it's Ill gotten gains on soccer teams and players in an attempt to buy credibility and respect?