DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Powah of Tozawa - 6/19/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I don't really buy Cass as a devious thinker.  He seems more the type that would simply smack Enzo around when he got tired of Enzo's nonsense.  Cass trying to justify the shenanigans of the past several weeks reminded me more of 60's Batman comics and 70's James Bond movies than anything ("I have knocked you out and captured you, Batman.  I could shoot you now, but instead I'll.... lock you in this vacuum tube containing giant ping pong balls so I can explain my evil plan to you while I watch you try to escape.  You'll never escape.... Oh, wait.  He escaped.").  Probably not what they were going for.

Braun awkwardly shoehorning the name of the PPV - complete with the words "Pay-per-view" - into his ranting was hilariously awkward.  I guess they're afraid that, if they don't remind the audience it's a PPV, someone will think they're going to fight one another next to a guy with a flaming groin?

Cole referencing Roman as being from a famous SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT family was also lol-worthy.

• Like 3

Booed? He was cheered on the YouTube version I've watched a couple times now. I could hear some boos, but I chalk that up to kids and women booing Roman getting beat up. I mean, don't rely on sound alone. Look at how the crowd reacts with somany people throwing their arms up when Braun does. 

9 hours ago, caley said:

-I keep waiting for them to actually do something with Finn Balor.  I've enjoyed Elias Samson's run on Raw so far, but a feud between him and Balor is silliness because neither can really afford the loss right now.  They're literally doing nothing with Gallows and Anderson, I don't know why they don't team them up with Balor, or even run a feud with them trying to bring Balor back into the fold and him refusing.

With so many heel tag teams on Raw (I guess you can maybe add Axel and Bo to that too) now, if anything Gallows and Anderson should go face and come to the aid of Balor

I really enjoyed Cass' promo but then I've always been high on the guy. The best villains are the ones who think they're right after all, and he is right. Times were once that a turn like that would lead to a blood feud. These days, I'm not sure Enzo or the WWE have the wherewithal to pull that off. A few months of big boots in Enzo's mug will be fine too.

So now that they've solved one burning mystery -#whewwhatarelief - does anyone else think it's Graves sending Kurt Angle the disparaging texts?

I have no idea where they're going with that.  Or why?  I'm kinda thinking the writers don't either.  If it's not Graves, I assume the texter will either be laptop GM or Hornswoggle.

Did Big Show quit the show and is going to Smackdown?  That's kinda what I got out of his comments.

45 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

So now that they've solved one burning mystery -#whewwhatarelief - does anyone else think it's Graves sending Kurt Angle the disparaging texts?

I have no idea where they're going with that.  Or why?  I'm kinda thinking the writers don't either.  If it's not Graves, I assume the texter will either be laptop GM or Hornswoggle.

I get the feeling that Graves is purposely sabotaging Angle's GM-ship so that Steph makes him GM.

Meltzer says Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel are replacing Maryse for Miz, because Maria & Mike's gimmick is too similar  and/or there can only be one female manager on the roster.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Meltzer says Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel are replacing Maryse for Miz, because Maria & Mike's gimmick is too similar  and/or there can only be one female manager on the roster.

Whoever thought that needs a proper slap upside the head.  What a horribly inane thought process.  And it's a missed opportunity to boot for some interbrand interaction between the two couples.

Speaking of slaps upside the head, I'm hoping whoever came up with Bayley's segment last week got just that.  I'm also hoping after last night they scratch whatever they were trying for that.  And there was no follow up on social media from her or others about it.  It was a kinda pointless segment, but having her come out pissed off and back to normal was an encouraging sign.

Show overall was pretty good.  I liked Roman/Joe and we cheered like mad for Braun's triumphant return.  The Cass turn was good with Corey getting involved and Enzo tearing up.  I just think it was pointless to have Cass explain himself.  Show the security footage, then cut to Enzo wondering what's going on.  Frame it where Cass has a super menacing scowl in the background then when Enzo turns he kicks his head off.  That was all they needed, then in the next couple weeks they could give the explanation.  But nope, they had to get it all in segment for GBOF and I can't help but be annoyed by that.  But hey, at least he got his head kicked in to the delight of many here.

21 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling that Graves is purposely sabotaging Angle's GM-ship so that Steph makes him GM.

Now how does the plan account for when Kurt goes nuts and snaps Graves ankles?

I find Cass explaining why he beat up Enzo pointless, its like seriously we have eyes and ears. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

giphy.gif

Really? Booo. I've enjoyed Miz and Maryse together since the post WrestleMania XXXII RAW. The highlight of the It couple were ripping on John Cena/Nikki Bella like they did, Maryse especially. Hell move them back to Smackdown Live, it's a better fit for them and we get more Bryan vs. Miz..