DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Powah of Tozawa - 6/19/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Oh, it was Cass.  

tumblr_lrhur0310p1qeyufyo1_500.gif.

I'm actively looking forward to Akira Tozawa vs Neville... and it's all due to Titus O'Neil.  That's not something I ever expected to say. 

• Like 8

Cass is going to flounder in a singles role. He's a tall, not roided up Test. I guess Enzo goes to the CW division after being squashed by Cass. I wouldn't mind Enzo paying off different members of the roster every week to take out Cass. One week, the Big Show. The next week, The Revival. After that, The Drifter, etc.

I loved the pop for Braun's return. He should be the next challenger for Brock after Joe sadly loses.

Why was the women's segment so late?

How did Joe vs. Roman with Strowman's return not close out the show? How the fuck did Cass turning on Enzo close it?

Joe vs. Roman was pretty damn good. Miz's segment delivered. I continue to dig Titus turning himself into Tozawa's hype man.

Roman vs Joe was pretty great, and Braun got a superstar pop for his return. To no one's surprise the Cass heel turn was no where near Ciampa's. Emma appeared on Raw two weeks in a row is that a new record?

No matter how much kayfabe logic there is behind it, both Enzo and Cass are going to flounder as singles.  Cass has improved but he's still nowhere near ready for beyond midcard solo action.  Enzo is dead in the water as a singles guy.  Aren't they also one of the biggest merch movers?  They need to have Cass just give him a beating that kayfabe ends his career and find someone else for him to manage.

I figured the womens' segment was going to close out the show and was completely surprised when there was another bit left afterwards.  Echoing everyone else here who says the Joe/Braun segment should have closed it out.  The match was really good and Braun got an amazing pop.  It would have been a perfect note to end the show on.  Maybe they wanted something to pop ratings before a lot of the audience went to bed?

Did I hear correctly that The Revival are cleared to wrestle again?  I'm looking forward to seeing them back.

Here's the question for Stroman. Is he over because of himself or is he over because he's currently the rival to Roman Reigns? That's the question I think WWE will be asking themselves in September assuming SummerSlam is the end of the Roman/Braun feud

I felt bad for all the women tonight, that segment felt like it was put together on a Wendy's napkin 5 minutes before it aired. You combine that with the way the MITB match ended last night and I would not be answering my phone if I were a women's performer.  It's not looking good...  

Am I crazy? Maybe..  but damn it's not looking good.  WWE needs Patty Jenkins. 

Was only able to catch the last hour but from what I saw that hour of weird angle shit was more interesting than the last couple of years of perfectly competent wrestlers wrestling perfectly competently.

The Strowman emergence from the ambulance and subsequent roar was the funniest Raw moment I've seen in at least 3-4 years.

Then they made him say something along the lines of "If you're man enough, I'll see you at.. THE GREAT BALLS OF FIRE PAY-PER-VIEW!"  which was so completely absurd and stupid that it ended up being just as funny.

I love that man.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I felt bad for all the women tonight, that segment felt like it was put together on a Wendy's napkin 5 minutes before it aired. You combine that with the way the MITB match ended last night and I would not be answering my phone if I were a women's performer.  It's not looking good...  

Am I crazy? Maybe..  but damn it's not looking good.  WWE needs Patty Jenkins. 

All the commercials hyping Smackdown were built around the women's storyline.

People may not like the finish but they're still being treated like a huge part of the show.

On RAW? Well, there's certain limitations that I think they're going to struggle to overcome. You're not going to put Alexa out there in 10-15 minute matches and you shouldn't put Bayley or Sasha out there doing any sort of promos. It's tough.

The only thing I liked about the ending was that all the points made by Cass for breaking up with Enzo:

- You constantly blather on about God knows what every minute of the day.
- You know how many times I've wanted to slap you upside your stupid looking face?
- But I felt bad for you because none of the guys take you seriously
- everyone is tired of putting up with your spastic antics
- I'm the star. You're all mouth.

Are basically all the reasons Dean Martin broke up with Jerry Lewis.

Which I guess means we can look forward to interviews with an 80 year old Enzo where he's like "You know, I carried that team. I created the hot tag. Sure a few people did it before us, but everyone said no one did it like I did it. America needed us. The world needed us. And i like to think we saved both of them. Now please get the fuck out of here and tell those schmucks at the Friar's club they can shove their dues up their asses."

56025775jerry-lewis1025200812202pm.jpg

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

On RAW? Well, there's certain limitations that I think they're going to struggle to overcome. You're not going to put Alexa out there in 10-15 minute matches and you shouldn't put Bayley or Sasha out there doing any sort of promos. It's tough.

So then call up an Asuka or an Ember Moon or let Io debut on the main roster, there's literally a hundred things they could do to spice things up but they don't. 

6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Has there been any point in WWE history that has been this heel heavy?  Seems like there's been more heel turns lately and fewer and fewer over faces.

This is the real talking point. So fascinating that a company that went 50 years on superheroes is now having heels run roughshod like '70s Mid-Atlantic. My best guesses are that (1) they're spooked by the Roman failure and have decided to just be weird on the face/heel portrayal because they don't understand/respect/pay attention to the audience (2) Hunter loves him some NWA and as a man who made his money as a strong heel is all about pushing them (which is current NXT as well). 

My hunch is for both to be true.

Speaking of the reaction to Roman: He's a full blown heel now right?

That promo was great and, strangely enough,it can get him some big cheers along the way as he grows a little darker and has some edge about him. Loved it and I would be hyped for Joe v Reigns at Summer Slam...

if they didn't just give it to me for free 2 hours after the confrontation. Some serious WCW/TNA level booking right there.