DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Generic - 6/13/2017

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA unpinned this topic

I guess I just don't get what the big deal is about Naomi aside from being married into a powerful family and being one of the few women of color in WWE right now. Those kicks are annoying and anyone with ass-based offense is going to make me roll my eyes, but I think my main issue is that she's been around for like 7 years now and hasn't seemed to show much improvement. Women that came up through NXT several years after her are out there working circles around her.

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She's okay on the mic and pretty decent in the ring. She got better matches out of Alexa than Becky did. And she gets pretty good crowd reactions also. 

All of this, although I will add that she was much better on the mic when she was a heel. But in-ring wise, she's been proven to be able to hang with all of her peers, regardless of skill level. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I guess I just don't get what the big deal is about Naomi aside from being married into a powerful family and being one of the few women of color in WWE right now. Those kicks are annoying and anyone with ass-based offense is going to make me roll my eyes, but I think my main issue is that she's been around for like 7 years now and hasn't seemed to show much improvement. Women that came up through NXT several years after her are out there working circles around her.

She has improved quite a bit and the only ass-based moves she uses are the Rear View, which actually looks good most of the time and whatever that thing is she does to opponents in the corner( I call it the Ass Eater) and I agree, I hate that. 

My two highlights of SDL were:

Jinder's electric red carpet. That's a pretty boss entrance. 

~BEARHUG!!! I popped for it because it was so dumb that it was funny.  

On 6/14/2017 at 4:02 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Until last night, I had no idea what a squatty potty was.  Not sure I'm better off for knowing.

Jinder trying not to break character and the Singh Bros. wacky antics were highlights for me.  Shinsuke talking about Dolph is sleep-inducing for me.  Speaking of which, AJ's pumphandle gutbuster looks like death.  Ouch.  And he followed that up with his back-of-the-knee fireman carry neckbreaker.  Ouch, again,  Not a good night to be Dolph.

I don't know what a squatty potty is and sounds like I'll continue that way.

AJ's moves look good and hurty.