DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Generic - 6/13/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I think Mojo's fine and will be with the company a long time. He seems to love doing all the Make-A-Wish stuff and visiting sick kids in hospitals. He's seemingly a good dude who will be a perfect 1980's midcard babyface who I could see as a US/IC champ some day. Hell with the brand split, he could one day be WWE Champion .

So, do we think there's an end-game to the "Who trashed the Fashion Police's office/Tyler Breeze" angle, or are they just screwing around?  Like, is it going to lead to an American Alpha heel turn?  A debuting team?  Or just some kind of joke ending (a la Mae Young giving birth to a hand)?

Also, where did Aiden English go?  He was getting featured as soon as they released Gotch, with the spotlight and the crying, and then is just...gone.

Holy shit I love Fashion Police so much.  I'll admit to not seeing SD yet so at first I thought the title implied it was a generic show.  Glad to see I was wrong and it was about this segment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

During the opening 8 man tag when Xavier and Breeze do a double team move you can clearly hear Xavier say we used to team in NXT afterwards.

Something something Paige....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sigh. I guess I'm the only one who wants Naomi to retain and have a lengthy run with it!

You're not alone. It would be cool to see Naomi get a decent reign. But between the reactions for Lana and the hype of this being her first televised singles match, it's not looking good for the girl. I console myself with the fact that she can at least be billed as a two time champ.

Cool match between Nattie and Charlotte. Those two always had solid chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sigh. I guess I'm the only one who wants Naomi to retain and have a lengthy run with it!

I said I wanted her to retain on the first page. I just have a bad feeling she won't as this Lana story line is set up way too much in a way that Naomi will lose.

• Like 1

I really can't see them having the first woman case holder cash in immediately 

I have to believe they will either announce their intention to cash in or cash in at Summerslam

• Like 1

I think Naomi retains and would like to see her have a long reign. I wasn't crazy about her ending Alexa's reigns so quick and easy both times but I think it all worked out and she's coming along nicely as champ now so it seems too soon to take it off her again. I expected Lana's eventual return to be awful when the vignettes started, assuming she'd be doing that NXT dancing gimmick so I'm glad it hasn't gone that route and I kind of dig her new theme now.

I really liked Nattie/Charlotte. Face Charlotte still seems weird (and the strut looked really awkward), but Nattie is such a natural heel, primarily because she's someone who clearly doesn't realize that she's a heel in real life. Things got a little sloppy right at the end (Nattie took an odd delayed bump, Charlotte hit overshot the moonsault and corrected after her feet hit, Nattie took the finish badly) but the first 8 minutes were really great. Nattie's heel power offense was really good, Charlotte had a killer sunset flip counter by lifting her leg out of it, trapping Nattie's wrist and dropping a knee on the back of her head. I really loved their 2014 NXT match, this was more gravy.