DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Joe Versus The Volcano - 6/12/2017

Dolfan in NYC

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

<3 <3 <3

OOOH SHIIIT SON!

I've thought it since he showed up in NXT, but Joe is possibly their best promo guy. He says the coolest, darkest shit and backs it up. It's getting to the point where he needs a hype man to jump around and act like his mind just got blown every time Joe talks shit like this.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Hoped the tag would get more time as the main but as others said, good while it lasted. Great to see Emma back quick. the Raw women's division looked it's best in a while centered around Alexa/Nia/Emma/Sasha/Mickie/Dana. I would've liked if they kept Alexa/Nia/Emma (and Alicia) on the same page a bit longer, especially as more of a stable helping keep the title on Bliss but I think Alexa/Sasha could end up very good in ring.

The NXT Four Horsewomen: Sasha Banks, Bayley, Charlotte and Becky. Bayley, Charlotte and Becky's best ever match were with Sasha. I think the Legit Boss can do the same with Alexa Bliss.

Joe started off heeling.  That booking has obviously been abandoned.

The only way this Bayley stalker angle will work is if there are vignettes of Bayley and Mickie Jay meeting in secret to compare notes on who they are obsessing over.

Otherwise, it is a really bad idea.

For those that don't follow us on twitter, this may be a lot of rehash:

- Loved the Joe/Brock segment.  Knowing WWE, since I loved it, that means they'll probably chicken out of running it and make it Balor vs. Brock or have Joe get steamrolled by Brock.  Joe can still lose this, but if you're going to make any money with Joe, you really need to have him test Brock before losing.

- I love in the age of everyone has to be cool that Miz is not afraid to be a total chickenshit heel.  I also loved the trying to kiss Maryse who's still mad about him toasting the grandfather clock.

- You know it's not a good sign for your division when the key part of one of your matches is Alicia Fox yelling at her boyfriend on the tron via facetime.

- In your "WCW everybody" moment of the night....  Randy Orton is still in Bray's teleportation montage.

- I'm not sure why you bring back Emma and have her tap immediately, but I guess if they're going to do some sort of scramble to put off Alexa facing Nia, it gives Emma a reason to be pissed at Alexa too.

- That Bayley segment... woof.  That pretty much confirmed they really don't know what they've got with her.  That could be her "Daniel Bryan joins the Wyatt Family for no good reason" moment and I'm not sure if they are smart enough to course correct.  They're really taking making it hard to like Bayley who when playing to her strengths is awkward, but likable who strives and over comes.  Raw is making her seem as milk toast and lame, horrible if you're going to push her as a baby face and makes it seem like if they're going to turn her heel a really dumb move.  I imagine Vince watching a 80's high school movie and liking it until that fucking nerd steals Billy Zabka's girlfriend and ruins it for him.  

- With Neville waylaying Swann, I'm guessing Tozawa is a stop gap feud with Neville, probably with Titus fucking up and costing him the title match leading to Tozawa v Apollo.  I'm guessing Cedric (it seems like he would be the next logical guy to take the title) will be the Summer Slam pre-show first hr of a 3 three hour pre-show match.

- Anderson was doing the Chad 2 Badd laugh during their mic work

- Just passin' through...

- Are Enzo and Cass going to be a team long enough for the contest they're part of to take place?  I missed my history, but "Here comes the calvary..."  it's not usually someone slowly sauntering down to the ring.  When you see someone else with your girl....

- I liked parts of the main, but I was spacing out during parts...

Cue Alvarez outrage...

This was a pretty sweet team spot:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Jeff had a total "fuck my life / I'm too old for this shit" face when he had to climb up top to do a meaningless dive at the end of the show

There was one spot where the Hardys were going through a double-team sequence that ended with Jeff coming off the ropes and doing the saddest splash I've ever seen. He probably only got about two feet off the ground.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

OOOH SHIIIT SON!

I've thought it since he showed up in NXT, but Joe is possibly their best promo guy. He says the coolest, darkest shit and backs it up. It's getting to the point where he needs a hype man to jump around and act like his mind just got blown every time Joe talks shit like this.

Joe's hype man needs to be Julius Smokes.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

There was one spot where the Hardys were going through a double-team sequence that ended with Jeff coming off the rope and doing the saddest splash I've ever seen. He probably only got about a two feet off the ground.

He just looks miserable. Even in the backstage interview. I'm sure he's getting paid well but he's likely trying to do this clean and is in constant pain.

Cass is the one who attacked Enzo and he will finish the job and form a team with Big Show. This is how I am rationalizing Show being in an angle with Enzo. 

Opening segment was awesome. I mean just the best, the kinda thing that keeps me watching wrestling. 

Elias Samson is impressive, everything he does seems to be with the intent of hurting someone. 

Thought the Miz/Angle thing was amusing because you know he could snap and kill Miz. 

How dedicated is WWE to not mentioning TNA stuff. I feel like Kurt could give good insight to Joe vs Brock. When he sent the roster out to separate them, it felt like he knew they would kill each other and he had to step in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victator said:

Cass is the one who attacked Enzo and he will finish the job and form a team with Big Show. This is how I am rationalizing Show being in an angle with Enzo. 

Opening segment was awesome. I mean just the best, the kinda thing that keeps me watching wrestling. 

Elias Samson is impressive, everything he does seems to be with the intent of hurting someone. 

Thought the Miz/Angle thing was amusing because you know he could snap and kill Miz. 

How dedicated is WWE to not mentioning TNA stuff. I feel like Kurt could give good insight to Joe vs Brock. When he sent the roster out to separate them, it felt like he knew they would kill each other and he had to step in. 

I'll second you on the Elias Sampson fandom. He's my favorite part of RAW.

• Like 3

Finally finished Raw and it only took a half second to realize just how horrible that Bayley segment was.  I wanted to stop after the normal part of the interview, just let that be and fast forward pretending it never happened.  But I saw it and immediately regretted my decision.  It's baffling how both brands are under the same company yet they're fucking her up so damn bad on Raw.  I don't know what sorcery they're using to make the women there look great, but for the love of everything send her there immediately.  But at least the rest of the show was good.

• Like 1

Bayley has replaced Sami (and passed Cesaro since he's being used well now) on the "Needs to be traded to Smackdown immediately" list.

Glad to see the Sampson love.  To think that he was getting the mythical "go away" (or was it "drift away") heat on NXT for a bit.

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I'll second you on the Elias Sampson fandom. He's my favorite part of RAW.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Bayley has replaced Sami (and passed Cesaro since he's being used well now) on the "Needs to be traded to Smackdown immediately" list.

Glad to see the Sampson love.  To think that he was getting the mythical "go away" (or was it "drift away") heat on NXT for a bit.

Image result for angry elias samson

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Going to Smackdown didn't exactly help Sami, though.