DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Joe Versus The Volcano - 6/12/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Nice of WWE to send out Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel during the Joe/Brock brawl to remind people that they're still alive.

It was also nice of Brock not to kill Heath Slater and tell him he still doesn't give a shit about his kids.

• Like 5

In addition to the points already addressed-

Rhyno was awesome tonight, as always.

The Revival showing up in the background after Cass was jumped makes it pretty clear they were behind the shenanigans.  Unfortunately we're probably going to get a Cass/Big Show feud first.

They made a big deal out of the Hardys/Cesaromus match and given that it was 2/3 falls I thought it might get a decent amount of tv time.  Nope, barely 15 minutes with commercial breaks.  Looks like there's going to be a rematch with some other type of gimmick at the ppv.

I liked this show, actually.

Joe-Lesnar was fun.

I fast-forwarded the Rollins-Wyatt stuff, I like Bray, but I like him more as a cult figure, less as a modern-day Paul Bearer.

I enjoy the Enzo/Cass, Revival, Big Show, Gallows/Anderson stuff.  Have either of them previously actually said "Too Sweet me, bro" on the show before tonight.  That was the Bullet Club-iest I think they've been since they stopped calling themselves 'The Club'.

I think the silliest part of the night was Miz saying that it was Angle's fault because of his "personal problems" and Angle saying "What do you know?!" as if everyone couldn't have watched the show and come to the same conclusion?!

I think the women's thing was pretty good.  Probably going to lead to some sort of gauntlet/6-pack challenge match with the way it ended with everyone staring down Alex Bliss.  Now would be the perfect time for Bliss to bring in a bodyguard for backup, which SHOULD have been the ideal way to debut Nia Jax.  I think this would be a great way to debut Sonya Deville, but she's probably not close to ready for prime-time after barely starting in NXT but her look and style would suit this role perfectly, she could keep wrestling in NXT but just knock random women out to help Bliss out without ever actually wrestling a match until they feel she's ready for it full-time, at which point she turns on Bliss and builds to a feud with Jax.  

Disappointed in the end of that Sheamus/Cesaro-Hardyz match because the match itself was a ton of fun.

I mostly skimmed the matches. The segments were decent enough. Hardyz vs. Sheamus/Cesaro was nice while it lasted. The highlight was Joe vs. Lesnar by far. hopefully they actually let Joe choke Lesnar out at some point.

God bless them for doing one good segment a week and putting it on YouTube immediately. It's a real time saver.

The pull apart was weird because they seemed to be genuinely grappling at first, which looks much less dramatic than brawling. It wasn't shooting really, just two proud dudes making each other earn the takedowns. The kick sending half the roster flying was a tremendous visual, though. 

Oh and whoever booked that main event needs sacking immediately, two really early falls that no-one gave a shit about then an awkward double count-out, such a lazy unimaginative shit show that made both teams look terrible. 

I know it's in the gif thread but Titus rag dolling Tozawa around was funny, when this cruiserweight ship finally sets sail I hope Tozawa gets kept on, he's money. 

• Like 1

Hoped the tag would get more time as the main but as others said, good while it lasted. Great to see Emma back quick. the Raw women's division looked it's best in a while centered around Alexa/Nia/Emma/Sasha/Mickie/Dana. I would've liked if they kept Alexa/Nia/Emma (and Alicia) on the same page a bit longer, especially as more of a stable helping keep the title on Bliss but I think Alexa/Sasha could end up very good in ring.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

The Revival showing up in the background after Cass was jumped makes it pretty clear they were behind the shenanigans.  Unfortunately we're probably going to get a Cass/Big Show feud first.

They have been in the background on almost all the attacks - in fact, one week they had an interview where they were accused of doing the attacks

So it's not them

• Like 1

With the cable scheduled to move Saturday and me in the new place I'm slowly making my way through Raw.  The Joe/Brock segment was tremendous and I'm pleased with how it's going so far.  But going by Rippa's post about Bayley I'm afraid to watch that.

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

re: Bayley

This is why I need to learn never to love again

Bayley is perhaps the worst example, but the lesson is that NXT is basically its own Elseworlds continuity at this point.  Current Bayley would never have stomped on Banks' hand at the end of the iron woman match, but it is as if it never happened.

• Like 2

They've completely destroyed Bayley. At this point, it's the Simpsons "Stop stop he's already dead!" thing. 

The other side of this coin is Samoa Joe superkicking Brock so hard that he knocked down everyone holding Brock.

• Like 1