DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 111: Holm vs. Correia (6/17/2017) - Kallang, Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC Fight Night 111

UFC Fight Night 111: Holm vs. Correia 
June 17, 2017
Kallang, Singapore (Singapore Indoor Stadium)

Holly Holm (135) vs. Bethe Correia (136) - Holm, KO (head kick and punch), R3 (1:09)
Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Marcin Tybura (243) - Tybura, DEC (unanimous)
Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Colby Covington (171) - Covington, DEC (unanimous)
Tarec Saffiedine (170) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (170) - Dos Anjos, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Takanori Gomi (156) vs. Jon Tuck (156) - Tuck, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:12)
Cyril Asker (245) vs. Walt Harris (249) - Harris, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:44)
Alex Caceres (146) vs. Rolando Dy (146) - Caceres, TKO (doctor's stoppage), R2 (5:00)
Justin Scoggins (126) vs. Yuta Sasaki (125) - Sasaki, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:19)
Jingliang Li (170) vs. Frank Camacho (169) - Li, DEC (unanimous)
Kwan Ho Kwak (136) vs. Russell Doane (135) - Doane, TKO (punches), R1 (4:09)
Naoki Inoue (124) vs. Carls John de Tomas (131)* - Inoue, DEC (unanimous)
Ji Yeon Kim (136) vs. Lucie Pudilová (134) - Pudilová, DEC (unanimous)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Yuta Sasaki
Performance of the Night: Holly Holm
Fight of the Night: Jingliang Li vs. Frank Camacho

Attendance: 8,414
Gate: $839,300

Cancelled Fights:
Alex Caceres vs. Guan Wang - Injury to Wang
Jingliang Li vs. Jonathan Meunier - Injury to Meunier

If Holly Holm loses, do you think she is done? That would be four straight losses, and at 35 years old its doubtful she will improve. She has name value so I don't think UFC would cut her, but I'm just not sure what her immediate future would be coming off that long of a losing streak.

What an odd career she has had though, in hindsight her win over Rousey seems less surprising but it sure was shocking at the time. It may end up being the last win of her career.

20 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If Holly Holm loses, do you think she is done? That would be four straight losses, and at 35 years old its doubtful she will improve. She has name value so I don't think UFC would cut her, but I'm just not sure what her immediate future would be coming off that long of a losing streak.

What an odd career she has had though, in hindsight her win over Rousey seems less surprising but it sure was shocking at the time. It may end up being the last win of her career.

If she loses to someone tailor made for her to beat like Bethe, then there is not too much room for optimism. At that point, I think that's something mentally she has to fix.  She came in with a craft advantage that very few women have in MMA today still. If that's gone, then it is going to be continued rough sledding.

If Holm loses again she needs to retire or switch camps (which won't happen) but as Elsal said she shouldn't lose to Bethe.

My guess is she wins and if UFC wants to keep the Featherweight division she is one of the top names.

13 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

If Holm loses again she needs to retire or switch camps (which won't happen) but as Elsal said she shouldn't lose to Bethe.

My guess is she wins and if UFC wants to keep the Featherweight division she is one of the top names.

I can see her training with Chris Luttrell and still be able to train at Jackson/Wink. Other than that, I don't see her leaving Wink.

• Like 1

FWIW Dos Anjos did have a good, encouraging performance against Saffiedine after a slow start where got hit a few times. He turned it up and landed a bunch of punches on Saffiedine and won the last two rounds convincingly. He still looks like just a big lightweight competing at welterweight, but it really didn't make a difference here. 

I guess we get Covington vs. RDA next. However, besides the slipup against Warlley Alves, I don't see Covington couldn't do this against just about anyone else. Covington and Kamaru Usman pretty much have the same game, and I don't know how you can beat them if you don't force them to deviate from the wrestling.

Marc Goddard pretty much set that in motion with the timidity warning. We were heading into worst fight of the year territory otherwise. 

Anyway, nice win for Holm. I would like to see her against Sara McMann should she beat Ketlen Vieira at UFC 214.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Marc Goddard pretty much set that in motion with the timidity warning. We were heading into worst fight of the year territory otherwise. 

Anyway, nice win for Holm. I would like to see her against Sara McMann should she beat Ketlen Vieira at UFC 214.

That we were and the crowd was going to get even louder with the boos.