DVDVR Message Board

NJPW 2017 G1 Climax 27

Raziel

G1 Climax Tournament 27, 7/17-8/13

Block A (FINAL STANDINGS):

Tetsuya Naito - 14 - A BLOCK WINNER - G1 Climax 27 WINNER.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - 12

Bad Luck Fale - 12

Kota Ibushi - 10

Zack Sabre Jr. - 10

Hirooki Goto - 10

Tomohiro Ishii - 8

Togi Makabe - 8

YOSHI-HASHI - 4

Yuji Nagata - 2

Block B (FINAL STANDINGS):

Kenny Omega - 14 - B BLOCK WINNER

Kazuchika Okada - 13

EVIL - 12

Minoru Suzuki - 9

SANADA - 8

Michael Elgin - 8

Toro Yano - 8

Tama Tonga - 8

Juice Robinson - 8

Satoshi Kojima - 2

*FINAL

G1 Climax 27 Finals: 8/13 Ryogoku Kokugikan - Tokyo

Main Event: G1 Clmax 27 Final Match

Tetsuya Naito (Los Ingobernables de Japon) (A Block Winner)  vs. "The Cleaner" Kenny Omega (Bullet Club) (B Block Winner) - Destino - 2ND G1 WIN

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi) - Triangle Choke

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Michael Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr & Takashi Iizuka) - Royal Octopus Hold

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) (RoH) (c) vs. Bullet Club ("The American Nightmare" Cody & Hangman Page) - Fallout - 1ST DEFENSE

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

The Young Bucks (Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson) (Bullet Club) (c) vs. Tagichi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet) - Dodon > Shooting Star Press - 53rd Champions

Juice Robinson, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahasho & Chase Owens) - Pulp Friction

Togi  Makabe & David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) - Karma

Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Guerrellas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (Bullet Club) - K-Driller

KUSHIDA, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desparado & TAKA Michinoku) - Pinche Loco

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm guessing that which they'll switch up the blocks, it'll be mostly the same participants, with Suzuki and probably DBS Jr replacing Honma and Shibata, and a couple RoH guys replacing Marifuju and Nakajima.  I could also see Tenzan, Nagata, and Yano being left out to let some non-standard names in to give it some diversity.

Crazy talk. In the middle of this incredibly grueling tournament, facing the Sublime Master Thief one-on-one is like getting the night off. 5 minutes, gimmick, roll up, drive home safely. And his timing is EXQUISITE on those finishes.

• Like 1

You are correct.  When I typed that out, I miscounted the guys possibly going in and out.  With Honma, Shibata, Marifuji, and Nakajima not in it, you could leave everyone last year in, swap out Kojima for Tenzan, and have Robinson and ZSJ being the other 2 guys in and be fine leaving Yano and Nagata in.

The following wrestlers will be in it:

Hiroshi "Ace" Tanahashi
Togi Makabe
Michael "Unbreakable" Elgin
Kazuchika "Rainmaker"Okada
Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro "Stone Pitbull" Ishii
Toru Yano
"Head Hunter" YOSHI-HASHI
Kenny "The Cleaner" Omega (G1 Climax 26 winner)
Bad Luck Fale
Tama Tonga
Tetsuya Naito
"Cold Skull" SANADA
"The King of Darkness" EVIL
Satoshi Kojima
Yuji Nagata (His last G1)
Juice Robinson
Minoru Suzuki
Zack Sabre, Jr.
"Golden Star" Kota Ibushi

Looks to be an awesome Tournament again...

Like a goof, I thought YOSHI-HASHI was Takahashi when they put up the photos of everyone. 

Any word on when they're announcing the blocks? 

14 hours ago, EVA said:

Tama Tonga again?  Really?

They need some jobbers/easy wrestlers like Yano so the wrestlers don't kill themselves. His matches won't be good but should give the bigger stars a bit of a breather before their next 20 minute epic.

16 hours ago, EVA said:

Tama Tonga again?  Really?

Out of what else is available in BC, Tonga's the better choice.  Are you really hyped to have Yujiro in another tourny?

A BLOCK

- Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Togi Makabe
- Yuji Nagata
- Kota Ibushi
- Hirooki Goto
- Tomohiro Ishii
- YOSHI-HASHI
- Bad Luck Fale
- Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Tetsuya Naito

B BLOCK

- Satoshi Kojima
- Michael Elgin
- Juice Robinson
- Kazuchika Okada
- Toru Yano
- Kenny Omega
- Tama Tonga
- Minoru Suzuki
- SANADA
- EVIL

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I had a feeling they'd go there.  Having Omega get the win here but not for the title seems like a vintage Gedo move.

Sets up nicely for a blowoff at the next WrestleKingdom, where Okada wins, and Omega goes elsewhere.

Or they could do a draw. Either way, with a 30 minute time limit, I expect a very different match. 

Guys, we get Ibushi/Naito.

I hope the final is Ibushi/Omega. Omega made it pretty clear that one of the main reasons he wanted to stay at least another year in Japan was so he can get a big, marquee match with Ibushi. If he's not going to get a title run they could do it in Sumo Hall. 

35 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Sets up nicely for a blowoff at the next WrestleKingdom, where Okada wins, and Omega goes elsewhere.

Is that a given? I can't help but feel they're dangling the prospect of a title win at the dome if he commits for another year (or more).