DVDVR Message Board

Batman is Dead. RIP Adam West

RIPPA

Goddammit.

I totally forgot that he was in The Happy Hooker.Goes To Hollywood and was the voice of R. Kelly's attorney in an episode of The Boondocks.

RIP to the Bright Knight.

• Like 3

The power went out a few weeks ago, so I decided to watch the '66 movie on my laptop. As I watched, I thought to myself how much longer West would be with us. He  made the absurd work on a constant basis with Batman. And I gotta pile on what Burgundy said. His work in TAS is fantastic and made for some of the best episodes of a remarkable series.

Pure West!

"I shouldn't wish to attract attention." YASSSS

• Like 2

Just found out from a best friend. Gutted. I grew up on the Batman TV series, the movie from it and his memorable turn in Beware the Gray Ghost from the classic Batman: The Animated Series. Adam West will be missed R..I.P.

• Like 1

Can't rally remember the tv show and movies since I only caught reruns from when I was really young, but I always loved hearing his voice. His random Family Guy appearances were usually fun, and I will always love the Grey Ghost episode from BTAS. This is a shame to hear. RIP

• Like 1

I don't know which episode it was, but I remember as a kid being terrified at one particular cliffhanger that this was really the one time that the villains captured Batman. No way  was there any escape for him and Robin this time! Of course, li'l fascinated me was a bit disappointed when he basically just walked out of the trap at the start of the next episode.

so sad. adam west as batman was my introduction to the character and began a lifelong love.

as mentioned, his guest roles on batman TAS were highlights on an already fantastic show.

guess we'll catch him on the other side. same bat-time, same bat-channel.

• Like 1

I may have fallen out of love with Batman over the last 20-ish years, but nothing can replace the memories of me and my younger brother coming home from school and gleefully yelling out all the sound effects while watching the '66 show re-runs at our grandma's house. Godspeed, Mr. West, and thank you so much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The power went out a few weeks ago, so I decided to watch the '66 movie on my laptop. As I watched, I thought to myself how much longer West would be with us. He  made the absurd work on a constant basis with Batman. And I gotta pile on what Burgundy said. His work in TAS is fantastic and made for some of the best episodes of a remarkable series.

Pure West!

"I shouldn't wish to attract attention." YASSSS

I KEPT MY REASON BY RECITING THE MULTIPLICATION TABLES BACKWARDS~!

Like everybody else here I grew up on West's Batman and though rewatching in recent years it seemed a little cringeworthy (I guess I've not been as innocent; also, weed would probably have helped) but seeing that again was great. I did the eye gesture as I took a shot earlier today in honor.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Robin geeking out in the Batmobile. It appears that Burt Ward might've been touching himself in the scenes they didn't show. 

Also, this!