DVDVR Message Board

Heads Up Battle 2004- Necro v. Klein V. Kobashi v. Takayama

Kobashi/Takayama vs. Naito/Elgin would be a better comparison, except different years, obviously

That might be me being salty over your opinion of Naito/Elgin but weigh the two

EDIT: I will give Kobashi/Takayama having the benefit of being Kobashi and Takayama in either case

Kobashi/Takayama was all kinds of awesome. Right from the opening where they circled each other, then locked up but wouldn't break on the ropes to the first landed strike being a vicious spinning chop the tone was set that these to guys were 100% serious and this was going to be a physical affair. There was good working of holds that didn't kill the intensity but also helped to keep the match from going brutal overload but there was plenty of brutal. The ddt on the floor after moving the mats, most of Takayama's strikes especially while Kobashi was in the corners, Takayama grabbing Kobashi trying to get back in the ring and just suplexing him on the ground. Then the two knew that they were both tough bastards who weren't going to go down easy and having to go all out having to fight through the pain of the match and dig deep to find what they could do to keep the other down. Fantastic stuff and as someone who is not a fan of most death match stuff I think it's easily better than Necro/Klein which would have been way better if they focused more on punching and headbutting each other and less on using weapons. 

• 2 months later...