DVDVR Message Board
Pete

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

He picked opponents he knew were losers from the history books, then got upset and surprised if they won.

"You've changed history, you fool!"

• Like 1

That was a perfect page starting post.  No context, and super far out.

• Like 3

I always thought his Monsther/Monster/However Pena tried to spell it that week gimmick in AAA was super fun.

I spent a day with Rey Buccanero in September. He was extremely kind. Between Shocker, Caristico, and Buccanero, Rey spoke the littlest English but he did something I will never forget. I drove them to the airport to pick up Caristico (original sin cara) and since Rey knew what he looked like without the mask and could speak spanish he was to run in and get him. My car wasn't even parked when Buccanero jumps out of the back seat and runs full steam into the airport. How he didn't get detained or questioned I will never know but Shocker looked at me with the straightest face and said "this happens all the time"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aw man, I saw "Rey Bucanero" in the preview and was so bummed thinking he'd passed away.

Immortal Pirate Kings never pass away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Aw man, I saw "Rey Bucanero" in the preview and was so bummed thinking he'd passed away.

He did lose his hair on Sunday...

IWA Florida just posted on their social media that former WWC referee el Martillo has passed away. 😕

Larry Matysik has died

The WON reported yesterday that he had been moved to hospice care and Matt Farmer tweeted early this morning that Matysik passed away

On 11/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, Edwin said:

IWA Florida just posted on their social media that former WWC referee el Martillo has passed away. 😕

AKA Tomas Marin, WWWF undercard guy. Somehow seeing him live 40+ years ago sticks in my mind.

Word has it Dynamite Kid passed away. (Per Marty Jones)

Santana Garrett posted on social media that her dad - Kenny - is in his last days.

Kenny Garrett wrestled as TNT Kenny G and he ran High Voltage Wrestling out of St Louis

Doug Dearborn, who wrestled in the Northeast under the name Rex Lawless from 1994 to 2001, passed away on 12/4 at the age of 41. He worked a lot for Tony Rumble’s promotions as well as other groups in New England. He left behind a wife and a daughter

I think my first memory of The Ax is saving Curt from the Road Warriors when his head caught in the ropes.

56 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think my first memory of The Ax is saving Curt from the Road Warriors when his head caught in the ropes.

"saving" 

13 hours ago, Pete said:

"saving" 

Still one of the hottest crowds I've ever seen. Talk about near-riot!