DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

TMZ reporting that Christopher hung himself in jail. Guards found him and rushed him to hospital where he was placed on life support.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/29/brian-christopher-lawler-wwe-grandmaster-sexay-life-support/

The son of famed wrestler Jerry Lawler tried to hang himself Saturday night and he is now on life support ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Brian Christopher Lawler, once a wrestler himself, attempted to commit suicide in his jail cell outside Memphis 

TMZ Sports broke the story ... Brian was arrested earlier this month for DUI after leading cops on a chase.

The 46-year-old, who went by Grandmaster Sexay in the WWE, was found in his cell by guards and taken to a hospital ... where he was placed on life support. 

We have not been able to determine the true gravity of his condition, but what we're hearing it is dire.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Word going around is that Brickhouse Brown also passed this morning. Not sure about the source though. 

My first ever live match had Brickhouse Brown in it. It was a WWF B/C show and he went over Terry Gibbs.

Per Meltzer - Randy Hales and Bert Prentice say that Christopher is technically not dead. (They are both at the hospital)

Basically they are saying that he is still on life support (but there is no hope for recovery) and that everyone is waiting for Jerry Lawler to get there before it happens.

Meltzer's write-up about Brickhouse is amazing:

Seawright had been in hospice care in Mississippi when he flatlined on July 20 and the hospice nurse pronounced him dead. His mother was with him at the time, and exhausted, and ended up falling asleep next to the body. His family and friends were contacted and Brian Blair, President of the Cauliflower Alley Club, which helped with his medical bills and had become very close with him, reported the death.

His mother, Victoria Timmins, while asleep, then heard him say, "Mom, I'm hungry." She at first thought it was a dream but Frederick kept talking to her, and she woke up and started screaming. The coroner was on his way to take the body at the time.

Brickhouse Brown literally no-sold being pronounced dead.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Meltzer's write-up about Brickhouse is amazing:

Brickhouse Brown literally no-sold being pronounced dead.

Like I said earlier, it was an epic false finish.

• Like 5

I never got around to posting this a few weeks ago when the main wrestling thread had that thing about Hogan and when we all first hated a babyface or cheered a heel. 

For me it was Volkoff. One of my earliest memories of watching wrestling, that didn't involve being terrified of King Kong Brody, was getting pissed at the crowd for not letting Nikolai Volkoff sing his fucking national anthem. Dude was feeling the pride and he was in a strange land and he had a lot of pressure on him, I assumed, by a government that might do terrible things to him if he didn't perform well.  He was a man clinging to something that gave him strength and comfort and everyone was shitting on him and I felt a tremendous amount of empathy with him.

I got into literal playground fights defending him and Iron Sheik. Okay one literal playground fight. But still.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sad to hear that Brian Christopher took his life.  Jeez, he was only slightly older than I am.  While he had a nice run in WWE, his run in Memphis in the 90's was something.  I remember reading the John McAdam tape list description of the Jeff Jarrett/Brian Christopher hair angle where Brian keeps on bargaining all his flunkies' hair to try to get a title shot that stretches out for weeks, including a hilarious bit where a valet in the territory tries to worm her way into BC's good graces and then he gets mad at her when she refuses to put up her hair for him.  Here's part of of it:

38 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I have been curious, were Jerry and Brian close during the latter years?  Also funny to think HTM is also related to Jerry and Brian as he is Jerry's cousin.

The two actually worked a tag match against Tommy Rich and Doug Gilbert back in May …

Also from a few months ago, here's Brickhouse Brown being honored at the Cauliflower Alley Club this past spring …

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

How fucking awkward is that promo Brian Christopher cut on Lawler the last time he was on TV now. Way too much truth in it.

Well, actually it wasn't.  He showed up on RAW three years later on "Old School" reforming Too Cool and beating 3MB.  They also showed up in NXT.

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Well, actually it wasn't.  He showed up on RAW three years later on "Old School" reforming Too Cool and beating 3MB.  They also showed up in NXT.

Not sure what that has to do with it? Not suggesting it was a shoot or anything ridiculous like that, but that what was said carried at least some element of truth to it, whatever level that may be, makes it uncomfortable to watch today given the circumstances of how he died.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

I never got around to posting this a few weeks ago when the main wrestling thread had that thing about Hogan and when we all first hated a babyface or cheered a heel. 

For me it was Volkoff. One of my earliest memories of watching wrestling, that didn't involve being terrified of King Kong Brody, was getting pissed at the crowd for not letting Nikolai Volkoff sing his fucking national anthem. Dude was feeling the pride and he was in a strange land and he had a lot of pressure on him, I assumed, by a government that might do terrible things to him if he didn't perform well.  He was a man clinging to something that gave him strength and comfort and everyone was shitting on him and I felt a tremendous amount of empathy with him.

I got into literal playground fights defending him and Iron Sheik. Okay one literal playground fight. But still.

First pro wrestling match I ever remember seeing was Sheik and Volkoff against some jobber team.  I only knew wrestling from "Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling" so I cheered the heels too only because I knew who they were.  

Nikolai Volkoff only owning one suit was one of the rare great running gags in WWE.  Even when he came back in the mid-90s, he was STILL wearing that red pinstripe outfit.

• Like 1