DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's the line I was referring to.

Fair enough, just confused me because you quoted my post.

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wasn't Rockin' Rebel that dude that came off like a total asshole in some of those old road reports? 

His whole "gimmick" was making racist comments so yup, that's probably the guy. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Don't recall that, it was more a being a dick to the talent thing. But if that was indeed his gimmick then fuck him even harder. 

So I take it you weren't a fan of Skinhead Ivan either???? (Apologies to longtime N.Y. area indie fans for bringing back some real bad memories with that name)

As for Rebel: I knew a guy who worked low level Indies who was at a CZW show backstage, and Rebel casually walked up to him and proceeded to tell him a holocaust joke. Yeah, I think that says it all.

That is fair that scummy things isn't just an indie wrestling thing.  although I would like to think that in 2018 if the Chris Benoit thing happened as we believe happened the WWE would not do a 10 bell salute to them.  But yeah the Moolah and Snuka thing doesn't help their argument

10 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I thought they hadn't figured out who shot who in this Rockin' Rebel murder/suicide incident? I'm looking online now and I'm not seeing anything.

Police just released an official statement that says they believe he killed her and then offed himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Arkangel - who was also CMLL's head trainer for what feels like forever - passed away.

He was only 51

Oh man.  That sucks.

I've never seen an Arkangel de la Muerte match before so I picked this one. Either 1. it's clipped to shit, or 2. Azteca really wanted to get rid of that mask and go back to the bar because this is as long as a Lightning match. Anybody have anything better?

• 2 weeks later...

Per the newest WON

John Greene, who wrestled in WCW as enhancement talent Johnny Attitude in the 90s, passed away on 6/12. He was 53. Greene may be better known as Johnny G, who was the real life owner and promoter of Micro Championship Wrestling, a troupe of little wrestlers that would run small night club shows around the country. Greene was born in the Bronx, NY but ended up in Florida where he owned a gym and competed in bodybuilding contests. Since so many wrestlers lived in the area, he got to know them and they broke him into wrestling. In 2011, Tru TV did a reality show based on the idea that Johnny G was promoting midget wrestling but losing money. His good buddy Hulk Hogan (who was obviously the key to the show making television) stepped in to give him business advice and bought into the promotion and they ran shows called Hulk Hogan’s Micro Championship Wrestling, with Johnny G running the shows.