DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

Larry Csnoka passed away yesterday. He wrote great columns and reviews for 411mania. I really enjoyed his work and some of you on here probably did too. He leaves behind a wife and two daughters. His family set up a fundraiser if any of you are interested: https://www.gofundme.com/f/larrymania-living-on-in-his-girls 

larrycsonka7-645x370.jpeg

That's rough.  I never watch Raw or Smackdown, but the day after, I routinely went to 411mania to read Csonka's reviews.  I honestly have no idea how he got so much work done every week.  My alarm goes off a 5:15 every week day, and I've spent many of morning lollygagging and I never woke up before his review was posted.  He was unbelievably dedicated, and his voice will be missed.  

• Like 3

He literally had a colum posted yesterday “Is Chris Jericho AEW’s Terry Funk?” He was writing about what he loved until the very end. I don’t watch WWE anymore but my only connection to it was reading his reviews. Not sure I’ll follow it at all now unless something miraculous happens.

For those who hadn't seen, Shad Gaspard was swept out to sea by a riptide over the weekend.  And now it doesn't sound like he's going to be found...  (and I'll gladly delete this if he is)

When I saw the first headline Monday, afternoon, Wanted to avoid this board till I got any confirmation. He's seemed like a very sold person, I  follow him on Instagram and you can tell he was a good family man and a great friend to people in the business too. I remember seeing his his comment pop up wishing the Rock happy birthday a few weeks ago and Rock thanked him back minutes later. He had a ton of other great things going on outside of wrestling but I could tell he was still a big fan. I could see that big brother dynamic he had with JTG and my thoughts are with him as well as Shads. He seemed like such a credit to the business. There is even a young lady I follow on Facebook today that posted about him helping her start in the business recently. This one really hurts but Thankfully he saved his son

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

Isaac Rosario from WWC in Puerto Rico has passed away. Aside from working in Puerto Rico for Capitol Sports Promotion and WWC in the 70s and 80s, he also did some tours of Japan for IWE and All Japan and he also was one of the best wrestling trainers in Puerto Rico.

This was the 3 paragraph block in the new WON (that included Rosario)

Isaac Rosario, who was part of WWC from its inception after being friends with Carlos Colon when both lived in New York, passed away on 5/21 at the age of 69. Rosario played just about every role in WWC at various times, from wrestler, ring announcer, referee, manager, trainer and anything else you could think of

Olga Martinez, who wrestled as part of the Fabulous Moolah’s crew from 1962 to 1964, passed away over the past week. Martinez would have been in her mid-70s. She toured throughout North America for a few years before marrying wrestler Don Serrano. She got off the road at that point but did wrestle a few times after that, with her last known match in 1971 in Tennessee

Ramon Zacarias, better known as Sangre Fria and Hermano Muerte #1, passed away on 5/18

Meltzer also mentioned that Discovery passed away after a long cancer battle in Chicago, where he'd been based for the last several years.

Man, more than the fact she had all of the potential in the world to be a global superstar with her personality, this must be such a devastating loss in the truest meaning of the word for her loved ones. So god damn young and it sure seemed like she had such a magnetic personality. Japan's had such a fascination with shitting on famous people. It's terrible everywhere now with social media but it's a long tradition in that country and something needs to be done about it everywhere, not just Japan. The people wishing death upon her should face severe penalties. It is difficult to be nice when so much of our genetic makeup tell us not to be but this isn't okay. If you don't like somebody, keep it among yourself and your social circle. I mentioned we weren't ready to handle the power of social media in the hockey folder a couple weeks back. Exhibit A right here. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

It's a very vocal minority. I don't think this casts doubt on all of humanity but sadly for something like this it's all it takes.

For clarification weren't the people harassing her reality TV psychotic asshole loser fans and not pro wrestling ones?

But honestly, just fuck everything. I want to believe people are inherently good but right now the evidence supporting that position is wanting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

For clarification weren't the people harassing her reality TV psychotic asshole loser fans and not pro wrestling ones?

But honestly, just fuck everything. I want to believe people are inherently good but right now the evidence supporting that position is wanting.

Meltzer's article suggests she was bullied for her "big shoulders" so I'm guessing it's both people who watch the show and wrestling fans. 

Still doesn't really feel real. She was so fucking great. I seriously can't imagine what Kyoko must be going through. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Sad 2