DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

I'm glad I was able to go to CWF Legends FanFest in November to have the chance meet, shake hands with, and get my picture taken with Rocky Johnson.  He talked about his career for 90 minutes in a special event to start the day and was there for the dinner while JJ Dillon and Barry Windham spoke, with Rocky adding a story or two then as well.  RIP Soul Man.  Anyone that's going to Wrestlemania should check out the three events Barry Rose of the Breaking Kayfabe Podcast(and CWF historian) and David Penzer are putting on.  Among them is a sitdown discussion between Ron Fuller and Bob Roop over the Plan B tape and the Roop, Bob Orton Jr., Great Malenko, and Ronnie Garvin leaving the Knoxville territory.

thumbnail%201_zps99eildto.jpg

Edited by gatling
  • Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, RIPPA said:

God Dammit. I always wanted Hercules Ayala's hair

There's nothing he can do to stop you from taking it now.

He was legitimately one of the scariest looking dudes in wrestling ever.

• Haha 1

Just heard that CZW legend Justice Pain passed away tonight.  He helped build the company to what CZW was from 2000 to 2002.  Not sure if the Cage of Death match would be as strong as it became without his matches against Lobo and Wifebeater.   in 2002 he was one of the top east coast indie guys.  If you would have told people who would be a bigger star Nick Gage or Justice Pain nobody would have thought Gage would be it.   

• Sad 3

The best live wrestling show I went to when I was in high school was CZW Cage of Death 6. Easily. But with every passing year that card becomes more cursed. It's now an even tie between current WWE employees and the tragically deceased. Chris Ca$h, JC Bailey, Nate Hatred, Spyral (Nick Kaplan), Larry Sweeney, and now Justice Pain, lost to us at the mean age of 33.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 8:45 PM, John E. Dynamite said:

The best live wrestling show I went to when I was in high school was CZW Cage of Death 6. Easily. But with every passing year that card becomes more cursed. It's now an even tie between current WWE employees and the tragically deceased. Chris Ca$h, JC Bailey, Nate Hatred, Spyral (Nick Kaplan), Larry Sweeney, and now Justice Pain, lost to us at the mean age of 33.

A lot of cursed men with demons on that show. Motorcycle accident, brain injuries and such, car accident, paralysis complications, suicide and suicide. Sad. Also, I believe his name was Brandon Kaplan.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that don't know, Franz Van Buyten's son is Daniel Van Buyten, a former famous soccer player for Bayern Munich (with whom he won the Champions League) and Belgium.

I've see it argued that Daniel is the most famous non wrestling child of a wrestler and it's hard to argue otherwise.

RIP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said on Wrestling Classics, Rip was one of those guys that made everyone  around him seem better. And as has been said, away from the ring a true credit to his species , one of the nicest guys to walk the face of the earth. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

One of the greatest guys that it has been my honor to know. His record store was about a mile from my house in Seattle so I got to stop by and shoot the shit about wrestling and music many, many times. Godspeed, Dean! 

• 3 weeks later...