DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

1 hour ago, Happ Hazzard said:

According to Wrestling Classics (where he was a regular poster), Izzy Slapowitz just passed away. RIP.

Complications from some sort of surgery. Sad way to go.

Here's some amazing Izzy commentary. RIP.

• Like 1

Izzy (Jeff) was a great guy and he will be very much missed. We didn't agree all the time on wrestling, but the dude knew his shit, and I don't give that up easily.

Luchaworld has an excellent obit up for Niebla. It makes his passing even sadder because he was clearly well-loved by everyone who worked with him... not a shit-heel by any stretch of the imagination but a good guy with a family who was fully aware of his issues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Was Rene Goulet's passing ever acknowledged by WWE? Either on television or .com? Would seem weird to me if it wasn't, being a long-time employee well after the in-ring stuff ended.

Maybe they thought his family did not want anything like that considering that it took more than half a year to get out. Thinking about it, that sounds very likely as I am sure that they knew about his passing for quite some time and did not report it anywhere themselves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I thought it was posted here already, but former UPW and PWG ring announcer Jon Ian passed away over the weekend. It was nice to see him get shout-outs from Excalibur on Dynamite and The Bump by Kevin Owens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

For some reason I thought it was posted here already, but former UPW and PWG ring announcer Jon Ian passed away over the weekend. It was nice to see him get shout-outs from Excalibur on Dynamite and The Bump by Kevin Owens.

It had been posted over in the Indie thread so you aren't going crazy.

• Like 1

This is the guy who founded Big Japan and trained Honma and Yamakawa, right? Rest in Peace to him. He had a pretty good 'broken down veteran doing deathmatches with rookies' run for a while there.

So two wrestlers pass away the same day who both have the "Not that one, the other one with the same name" deal. If these things come in threes, I hope Mr Electricity Steve Regal is careful this week.

• Like 4