DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

2 hours ago, happjack said:

I'm assuming he's the only pre-expansion wrestler who headlined Madison Square Garden(as Virgil the Kentucky Butcher vs. Bruno) and Wembley Arena(vs. Big Daddy).

While that is a crazy interesting fact, I am also super jazzed at the idea of a Canadian guy doing a Kentuckian gimmick then going on to be a huge fixture in Great Britain. I love wrestling and all its silliness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

While that is a crazy interesting fact, I am also super jazzed at the idea of a Canadian guy doing a Kentuckian gimmick then going on to be a huge fixture in Great Britain. I love wrestling and all its silliness.

Totally! He had to become a "Kentucky Butcher" in the American Northeast since an Irish last name was reserved for mid card babyfaces and in England he had to be Irish/American heel since Big Daddy was pretty much Brexit taking human form.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Emmet “Snake” Brown, who wrestled as a television enhancement wrestler in the Southeast from 1979 to 1989, passed away on 4/29 at the age of 66. Brown suffered a heart attack while driving home from the grocery store. Brown, who lived in Buchanan, GA, because of his wild hair, which he still had, was one of the best known and recognizable enhancement wrestlers of the era. He played a colorful wildman like character and had enough charisma that he probably could have gotten a push if he was a little bigger in those days. The death was a surprise because he kept himself in great shape. Brown worked mostly on Georgia television, but also was brought in at times for enhancement work in Florida, the Carolinas and Alabama. He also worked WWF television in 1985 when they taped at the Techwood Drive studios in Atlanta a few times, putting over the likes of Jimmy Snuka, Tito Santana and Junkyard Dog, and once got a win in a prelim match on a WWE Birmingham house show. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also featured in a decent tv match with Sting. Yeah, he got squashed, but Sting did let him get some offense in and do some of his goofy wildman stuff. Snake Brown was outta town according to the announcers. I thought he was someone they could have got more use out of, even if it were only Mulkey fashion. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

TMZ reporting former WWE Diva Search 2005 winner Ashley Massaro has passed at the age of 39, no cause released yet. RIP.

I just saw it on Cliff Compton's Facebook. Only 39, so sad.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

She was chewed up and spat out despite being one of the few divas who actually made a connection with the audience. What a shame 

I mostly remember her being fairly terrible. If wiki is to be believed she was the one who asked for her release to care for her  then sick daughter.

I forgot she was a contestant on "Survivor" back in the day -- apparently she pitched the idea to the WWE in a bid to rejuvenate her career. Wonder if a proper developmental run (similar to NXT today) would have helped her in-ring work at all.

Also just saw that she was doing some weekend/fill-in DJ work at a radio station in Long Island at the time of her passing ...

http://www.943theshark.com/ashley/

Edited by colonial
  • Like 1