DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

I spent a day with Rey Buccanero in September. He was extremely kind. Between Shocker, Caristico, and Buccanero, Rey spoke the littlest English but he did something I will never forget. I drove them to the airport to pick up Caristico (original sin cara) and since Rey knew what he looked like without the mask and could speak spanish he was to run in and get him. My car wasn't even parked when Buccanero jumps out of the back seat and runs full steam into the airport. How he didn't get detained or questioned I will never know but Shocker looked at me with the straightest face and said "this happens all the time"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, Edwin said:

IWA Florida just posted on their social media that former WWC referee el Martillo has passed away. ?

AKA Tomas Marin, WWWF undercard guy. Somehow seeing him live 40+ years ago sticks in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug Dearborn, who wrestled in the Northeast under the name Rex Lawless from 1994 to 2001, passed away on 12/4 at the age of 41. He worked a lot for Tony Rumble’s promotions as well as other groups in New England. He left behind a wife and a daughter