DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread

Pete

I cannot believe in this day and age that there are no Wildside (Chris Champion / Mark Starr) matches that you can watch on the YouTubes without having to sit through an entire CWA show that was uploaded to someone's old school channel.

I am legitimately shocked that there isn't a worker running a Xandorian Nightbeast gimmick in Chikara or something..

I also remember thinking that I was going to Hell because the first thing that popped in my mind when Dusty passed away was, "Damn.  He was never elected to be the President of the USA."

I don't think they ever gave their Doomsday Bombs Away doubleteam finisher a name.  From now on, I will refer to it as the Series-5 Implant.

16 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I just saw the Doc Dean news on Reddit. Easily one of my favorite WCW C-show guys and it's not even close. I think I remember reading years ago he was actually an Olympic bobsledder before getting into the business. RIP 

I thought it was Chip Minton who was the Olympic bobsledder, not Doc Dean. 

Meltz with a hysterical story from Neidhart's funeral.

Bruce Hart noted a funny story about a show on the Morley Indian (Native American) Reservation outside Calgary in December 1981. Duke Myers and Goldie Rogers, two heels, were driving to the show, and ran into a horse, which ruined their car and couldn’t make it. They had to change the card around and Neidhart worked with Hercules Ayala, and the two were having a terrible match of big babyfaces before a small crowd and it wasn’t working. A fan screamed out “Boring,” and this was a few years before “boring” chants became part of pro wrestling. Neidhart stopped the match and said, “It is boring, isn’t it.” The punch line of the story is that it wasn’t a fan, but a young Davey Boy Smith, who went into the crowd, and was the one who yelled out boring.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I've been to countless shows over the years including tons of ROH shows in the 2002-2006 glory period, and I can say that Cage of Death V was probably the best. The main event was a total clusterfuck of amazing and N8 Hatred was an important part of it. RIP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Hadn't thought about him in years but after watching Dominion I kinda thought Jericho looked a bit like him after his match.

Good call. I didn’t think that at the time, but now that you mention it...

• Like 1